To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 5, 2013

This kid doesn't come with a manual..?

 
 
So let me tell you all a little bit about Princess.
She was conceived on honeymoon and hubby and I were completely unprepared!
Don't get me wrong. We wouldn't trade her for the world, but a kid wasn't on the agenda.
Turns out antibiotics and birth control don't mix very well. (clueless me!)
 
Married in March, pregnant in July.
We had our beautiful daughter later that year and as happy as we were, we were just as equally scared! I mean a baby comes out, but what about the "how to" guide?
 
Trials and tribulations. Baths, bruises, bumps, and eventually break ups (Lord, help me now!) The reason for this rant, Princess is sick! Went to bed last night fine as could be. Woke up this morning with a 102 temp...ugh!
 
It doesn't matter how old they are, when there sick, it sucks! And for me, until she is 100% again I can't eat, I barely sleep and I live with this pit in the bottom of my stomach. I hate it! Hubby took her to the doc today. I couldn't because of my new job:(
 
Doc checked ears, eyes, throat, felt her tummy, breathing...every thing checked out. Probably caught a virus from our trip to Disney.
 
Please keep my little Princess in  your prayer for a speedy recovery.
 
xo
 
Miranda

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger