To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 13, 2015

FOF | Daffodils and NYC Talk

Let's get to it...

one // New York is so close now I can almost taste it. Next week is my last full week of work before our trip and to say that I'm getting more excited by the day is a true understatement. When Tarl first started hinting about a trip to the big apple, he asked me what times of the year I would want to go and I told him either March, the fall or during the Christmas season. Since it was my Christmas present and he didn't want me to have to wait an entire year to enjoy it, he chose the closest, March. March has always been one of my favorite months due to the fact that it's our anniversary but also because Spring has sprung. New Yorks average weather at the end of March is usually in the late 50s, upper 60s which in my opinion, is the perfect weather to see the city. Not too hot, not too cold, just right. With that being said I've checked my weather app daily for the city and it's been in the 40s (eeek!) I was getting worried to say the least, but within the past week those NYC temps have quickly risen into the mid 60s. This past Wednesday it almost reached 70 in the city. Isn't that wonderful?! I sure hope the weather continues to warm up. However, rain or shine or hot or cold, I'm so beyond ready to finally visit a place I've dreamed of my entire life.

Central Park, New York City
via

For being known as a concrete jungle, it sure is gorgeous!


two // If you know a thing or two about makeup brushes, then I'm sure you've heard of the Nars Ita brush. It's basically supposed to be a master contour brush that provides that perfect definition in the hollows of your cheeks. I'm sure you've also heard that it's ridiculously expensive ($55) and is almost always sold out. If you're anything like me then you do makeup on a dime, case in point e.l.f. I love elf products. Some can be hit and miss, but for the most part I actually like their products. I have a few of their makeup brushes and they do the job, and do it well. I love their blending brushes for your eyeshadows. I own three and after months they are still holding up well. As of recent they produced their own contouring brush and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

via

It looks very similar to the Ita brush and is less than half the price, way less! ($6) We shall see...


three // We have plans to take our little one to see the new Cinderella movie tomorrow. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited about seeing it myself. Maleficient was great, now Cinderella, and Disney has also confirmed a real life Beauty and the Beast - which I'm sure will be Cadence's favorite since Belle is her most favorite princess. Love having a girl! Not sure what I would've done had God given me a son :)

four // With everything that had happened last week with our little Rosie, I wasn't in the blogging mood so I didn't share our weekend plans from last week. Although what happened with Rosie was unfortunate, we did still manage to have a nice weekend enjoying the sunshine. We took our annual trip to pick daffodils and also attended one of Cadence's friends birthday party.






five // Happy Friday folks. I sure hope the sun comes out soon and the warmer weather returns. Have a blessed weekend!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger