To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 2, 2015

Monday Happenings



This week is Dr. Seuss week at school and I cannot wait to get Cadence involved with all the activities they have going on, including Wacky Day. In honor of Dr. Seuss day/week, I wanted to share my most favorite book excerpt.


Oh, the Places You'll Go is one of my all time favorite Dr. Seuss books. Such a strong and powerful message whether old or young. I got this book for my nephew on his high school graduation a few years back. I plan on giving the book to my other nephew who is graduating this year. I'm also going to purchase the book for Cadence and each year have her teacher sign the book with a message and on her high school graduation give it to her. 

//

Friday afternoon we had such a fun time at Cadence's hoedown at school. It was so fun seeing all the children dance and involve the parents. My little cowgirl was so darn cute!





Once we got home she insisted I put on a bandanna. I was kinda feeling the 'gangsta' look and thus wore it the rest of the day, with my little bandit as she called herself.


//

Saturday Cadence had a birthday party to attend. She had so much fun playing pin the nose on Olaf. 



Saturday evening the three of us went and ate Japanese and sushi - yum!



Crunch roll = deliciousness!

//

Sunday, Tarl and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. New York is my anniversary gift combined with my Christmas gift, but he still managed to surprise me with the most beautiful scarf I have been wanting. It's pink with gold anchors, I mean, how much more perfect can a scarf be?!


I love that it's a really subtle pink. It goes with everything. I wore it all day yesterday with a navy blue shirt and it just popped! Seven years - wow! Time truly does fly when you're having fun. Sure we've had our downs, but the good times far outweigh the bad. I met Tarl when I was 15. Who gets to say they met their soul mate at 15? We are beyond blessed!

//

I had a diaper cake order on Sunday. It's been months since I've made any of my diaper or towel cakes so I was nervous I was going to be a little rusty, alas, it's like riding a bike.


//

Ya'll we are finally in our NYC travel month. I've been slowly counting down the days ever since I received this gift on Christmas Day. Imagine a place you have dreamed of for most of your entire life and being mere days away, 24 to be exact. The anticipation is killing me, but I cannot believe that we are finally in the 20s! Time to start my packing lists!

xo



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger