To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

December 31, 2012

See ya 2012!



I am not going to lie, 2012 is a year that I am not sad to see go.
It began in February with my moms illness. My little Princess had a severe virus in May for 3 weeks! My sweet husbands good friend with whom he worked with passed away in a motorcycle accident. My nephew had a week long stint in the hospital. Our beloved 8 year old Max, lab/spaniel mix, passed away.

Whew...I'm excited to see what 2013 holds and pray each day that it will be better than 2012. I'm sure all my single blog friends will be ringing in the New Yeae in their sparkly dresses, dancing, under a crystal ball, but this little gal will be spending my NYE shooting my BB gun outside while princess plays on her swingset. Baking my family something sweet, and probably going to bed around 10 :)

What can I say, NYs has never been a huge holiday for me. 
I'm not a party goer so I suppose that makes a difference. I'd rather be snuggled in bed and that's what I plan to do!

How was every ones Christmas?
Mine was great! I got the pink BB gun I wanted and much more.
The princess was spoiled as usual and I'm so blessed that we get to spoil her and see that smile on her face!

I promise to start sharing pics when I get Internet!

I have a lot to show you!

Cheers to 2013!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger