To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 4, 2013

March Madness!



So I realize it's been months since I've posted, but if you've read the few posts I've done than you would have noticed that I've done the posting from my phone. Not sure about you but trying to type long paragraphs on a tiny iPhone screen isn't that fun.
 
A lot has happened in March, and it's only the 4th, let me catch you up. As you know I've been a stay at home mom for a while now, and as much as I love staying at home with my little one, our bank account doesn't agree. I put in applications for administrative/office/managerial positions what seemed like every day and I finally received a position at an insurance agency. I accepted the position and within a week received another job offer for a position closer to home, for more money and better advancement. Of course, I took it.
 
Today's my first day and I'm already loving it! The man I work for seems great and the office is laid back!
 
This past weekend the hubby and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! Five years went by so quickly. We've managed to buy our own house, own land, cars for each of us and have a child. Whew!
We celebrated in the best way we knew how. Magic Kingdom in Orlando with our daughter. Who loved it!
 
Unfortunately I don't have any pics on this work computer, but hope to change that soon.
 
Now that I have access to the net and a computer, I'll try and post more.
 
Until next time,
 
Miranda

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger