To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 18, 2013

Monday Catch Up



I had an interesting yet entertaining weekend. It seems it's never dull around the Lowcountry and it's yet another reason I love it.
 
 
Friday
 
 
Since I have such a great boss I get off work around 4:30 instead of the dreaded 5...I know that thirty minutes doesn't seem like a big deal but on a Friday it is! The hubby and princess were meeting me where I work since where I work is close to "every thing". (restaurants, shopping, etc.) Waiting for them to arrive I had about an hour to spare so I rode over to my bestie's work and we talked for a bit. I swear the things she and I can fit into a 45 minute conversation is beyond me! We literally talk about any and every thing!
Once I met up with my precious family we shopped where I picked up some super cute things I got for our upcoming trip to Destin! When you see the PJ pants below, please keep in mind that this is a great purchase for me, I normally sleep in the birthday suit and I don't think my friends would appreciate me doing so in Florida! Although, I belive my PJs are as cute as could be!
 
 
via
 
I love Hollister, even at 26 years old. These pants are cropped so they come to right below my knee, but there super stretchy so you can pull them up to above your knee for a more "board shorts" type look. They are extremely comfortable!
via
 
I also got these curved hem shorts by Abercrombie and Fitch, they too are extremely comfortable and super cute! I also got a plain hot pink tee shirt with their logo and a super sexy silver tee with broidery around the neckline, or cleavage line? Not sure which to say :)
Unfortunately I didn't see those items on the website, but I'll have to share pics of me wearing them, because they are great. Did I mention I got these items for a steal?! I usually do all my purchasing from outlet stores. You get name brand items, in brand new condition, for less than half the cost. I got my Hollister jammies, two shirts, and these super cute shorts for a total of $30, for every thing! Can't beat that!
 
Saturday
 
In the morning hubby went golfing with Emily's husband so Princess and I went and looked at pets. We went to three shelters, and unfortunately no pet clicked with us, but she had such a fun time playing with all the cats. I love adopting from shelters because to me, "mix breeds" always make the best pets. We had our beloved Max for eight years.
 
 
He went home to be with the Lord Christmas Eve. And on that note, yes, I do believe animals go to Heaven. Needless to say we love pound pups, but like I said, none really "clicked" for us. They were either too big a dog for our household, or in such poor condition. I know this sounds terrible but we just don't have the financial stability to support a sick pet, as much as I wish we could. The shelter will take much better care of them then we could provide.
 
Later on that night Emily and I had a girl's night. It was full of cocktails and giggles. Laughing at certain people's status posts on Facebook and of course all the drunk people overdressed in their green. We also did some shopping at Victoria's Secret, where I picked up some of the cutest tops, which were also on sale!
 
via
It's PINK by Victoria's Secret, Low Back Tee. The model above is showing her belly, but it is not cropped, it does go down and does not show my stomach. I got a size XS and it's plenty long enough. They were 2 for $30, so I bought the above color, along with a bright coral. I also bought the hot pink bandeau top she is wearing above to go underneath.
 
Emily also stocked up on some goodies. She and I both got our breast sized, if you will, and let's just say those ladies at VS make us feel really good. If you want a larger cup size just go get your bra sized in VS...we couldn't believe what our actual size really was. For years now I've had the wrong bra size, and although my bra's fit fine, the comfort of the actual size she recommended is no comparison. It's amazing!
 
We ended the night with tattoos!
 

The pic is a bit bright due to the iPhone flash, but it's a letter T.
 
Sunday
 
Sunday was spent snuggling, watching The Lion King, cleaning, more snuggling and snacking. The best way to end a weekend.
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger