To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 15, 2013

Belly Laughs (Story of my Bestie)



I don't know about y'all but I am so glad it's Friday!
Don't get me wrong I love my job, but the weekends is the weekend and mine has some pretty fun plans! Tonight hubs and princess are meeting me as soon as I get off to do some fun shopping. Clothes, decor for the house, truth is most of our fun money goes to Princess, thus her nickname :)
 
Tomorrow hubs is going golfing with the boys. I'm going to take that time to catch up on some house work and then me and the Princess are going to pop popcorn and watch Cinderella. Saturday night is a girl's night out, and a long overdue one at that. I'm going out with my bestie Emily. She is a little crazy, but that's why we get a long so great. Speaking of, our text conversation last night had me laughing. I don't mean chuckles, I mean hard belly laughs, the one that hurt your sides when you get done. I absolutely love that I have true friends that can make me laugh so hard.
 
Emily and I met through our then boyfriends, who are also now our husbands. They are each best friends themselves, and grew up together. It was inevitable that we meet, and to be honest neither of us were looking forward to it. She had heard things about me and I heard things about her. Needless to say we met and it's been history ever since, literally!
 
We were in each other's wedding, we've vacationed together, including our upcoming trip to Destin. We've laughed, cried, and even fought, but to me a true friend is someone you can have issues with, be honest with them, and you get over it. It's another milestone in the friendship you've built.
 
Emily and I are literally the type of friends you can go without talking for weeks, and pickup right where we left off, just like yesterday. I hadn't talked to her in weeks, she sent me a text asking me to stop by, I did, we talked for hours, laughed, and it was like we never even stopped.
 
I could go on, but I don't want to bore you, I just hope all my readers have a friend who is as endearing and trust-worthy as mine is. I have no hesitation on whether or not she is a two-faced friend like some people, and to me those are the worst. I know she will have my back through thick and thin, and I know she will always be my "sister'.
 
Love you Emily!
 
 
Emily and I on my wedding day
 
 
We were both pregnant at the same time, she was 5 months further than me, and we were out in the dead of July, sweltering!
 
Emily with her little one and me with mine - this was almost 5 years ago!
 
Have a great weekend!
 
xo
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger