To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 25, 2013

Edge of the Water (Weekend Recap)





This weekend was fantastic!
I had a great time with the family and date night with the hubs!
 
Friday night my mother-in-law watched Princess for us, and we went and had dinner at my all time favorite restaturant, Olive Garden! I have tried true authentic Italian food, and nothing compares to Olive Garden. Period.
 
After dinner we went and watched Zack Stiltner and the Marshall Dillon Band. My brother-in-law is the lead guitarist and this band is absolutely fabulous. They have been around for.ev.er and all us locals just love them. They have gigs every single weekend, and I mean, every single Friday and Saturday night, they are always booked! Any time we get a date night, it's usually spent watching them. They play a mix of new and old country, as well as some rock.
They always play Jake Owen songs for me!
 
 



 
Saturday we spent all day in Savannah! We literally just window shopped all day, and of course we let the Princess ride the carousel, she loves it! I bought her a pair of kid aviators and she looked adorbs all day long rocking them!
 
 
 
Sunday was the best! We went grocery shopping, and before that we just rode around. We came across this landing, and it was absolutely beautiful. Most of the time, in the Lowcountry anyways, you just have a dock with water around it, but at this landing, it had it's own little beach. We had beautiful 78 degree weather yesterday so we got out and walked around.
 
love her face in this pic!

Believe it or not, the princess took this pic of us! She's amazing!
 
It's now 48 degrees here! Ugh...I'm so ready for Destin!
 
xo
 


1 comment

  1. wow what a weekend miranda ha. im def ready to for some weather change!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger