To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 27, 2013

Ugh...Mean Girls!



Pinned Image
 
I have read several posts about Blissdom. Granted I recently started Life in the Lowcountry
I now know that if ever given the opportunity to go, I would never want to take it. I can honestly say I've read about ten posts on Blissdom, and 9 out of 10 say the same thing, let me sum it up for you...women are bitches! Most of the blogs I read said that they would walk up to a fellow blogger, who they have been a fan of for some time, and said blogger would act like her "stank" don't "stink".
 
Um...ain't nobody got time for that!
 
I've been on both sides of the spectrum. I've been the one that takes the brunt of the "meanness" and I've also been the girl who was mean. The reason I was mean, was because of little ole jealousy! Difference is I have the balls to admit it! My sister just got her very own tanning bed. At her house. For free. I was a jealous bitch...but I took a breath, calmed down, and realized, "hey, I can now tan for free!" If women treat other women bad, 99% of the time it's because their jealous of something the other woman has. Money, looks, the new Tory Burch Mint Satchel that I have been eyeing...let's face it. I cannot stand two faced people. That is probably my biggest pet peeve. Someone who treats you one way in public, and at Church on Sunday they want to be your best friend. Let me tell you something sweetheart, Jesus sees how you treat others Monday - Saturday too! BE WHO YOU ARE!
Don't try to be someone that you're not.
 
My friends know one thing of me. I DO NOT hold my tongue. I'm not the type of person to talk badly about someone behind there back. Yes, I gossip, but it's usually about someone I don't know or rarely talk to. I'm talking about the girls who have five BFFs and when one walks away to go to the bathroom, she starts her bad mouthing...nope! Not me! A friend is a friend. If you have an issue with them, tell them to their face. In the long run they will either respect you for it and you will become closer, or they'll get pissed at you, in which case you shouldn't have them as a friend anyways. If you can't be honest with your friends, who can you be honest with?
 
My friends know this of me. If I have an issue with them, I bring it to the source. I don't tip toe around the subject, I get straight to the point. I don't have time for caddiness, nor do I want to be associated with someone who is caddy. What you see on this blog is me, take it or leave it!
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Amen! I too need to be thankful for my blessings, and I need to work on my jealousy issues. I will put my big girl panties on and admit that I get jealous. I was jealous of my sisters tanning bed, but realized the benefits of her having one, I get in it for free! I get jealous of people who have new cars, but realize they also have a new car payment. I may get jealous of people who get to go out and do whatever they want, whenever they want, but then I realize I'm at home, taking care of the most beautiful blessing that has ever been given to me, my sweet wonderful husband and beautiful daughter, who are all healthy and happy, and that my friends is enough for me!
 
xo
 
 
 
 

1 comment

  1. I think we would definitely be friends in person. I could have written this post. I sometimes don't have a filter either and speak my mind the majority of the time. And I've been reading more and more about the mean girls from Blissdom. Like it was terribly cliquey. Not something I really am interested in if that's the case!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger