To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 28, 2013

Thursday Ramblings



Do you ever have such a random post that you don't even know what to title it?
Yep...that's me today. I warn you, this post is going to be every where!
 
First off, there is only 14 days until Destin. Fourteen! I am so excited, but also worried at the same time. I was wanting some fun in the warm sun and unfortunately the weather there, has been much like the weather here in the Lowcountry...freezing balls!
 
 
This will not do! Destin is your typical beach town. What I mean is, any and every thing to do, is on the beach! If the weather isn't "beach weather" what in the hell am I supposed to do?
The hubs and I keep talking about it, and if mother nature wants to keep playing her chilly games with us, we may have to take a detour and vacay some where else...so fingers crossed for us that it warms up! I need minimum 78 degrees! I'm thinking Sangria's, not Starbucks. This hand of mine needs a cold, fruity beverage, not a warm mug!
 
********************
 
If you've been on Facebook lately, and chances are you have, then you've probably seen many of your friends post some of these, or changed these as their profile picture.
 
 
or
 
 
 
 
If you're not sure what this means, and I didn't at first either, the red means you support gay marriage, the black is obviously the opposite. Homosexual people are equal (thus the equal sign) to heterosexual people (marriage equality). Here is my stance on this. I am a Christian. I belive every word the Bible says from beginning to end. I believe in God. I believe that God sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins, so that we may live an eternal life in Heaven. Not everyone believes the Bible, or in Jesus or God...that's their loss! As a Christian, I'm not saying I'm perfect, because I am far from it! I fail Him daily! Thank God, literally, for sending his Son to forgive me of my daily sins.
 
With that being said, I DO NOT believe that people should be treated any differently, just because of the choices they have made. If you watched the RHOBV reunion this past week. You watched Yolanda tell Andy Cohen (who is gay) that it's her daughters choice on her sexuality. Andy, completely snapped back saying that it's not a choice. I disagree, it is a choice. I'm heterosexual. I am married to a man, and that's my choice. I love Andy, his gayness and all! I'd love to have a gay man friend! Seriously! Could you imagine the shopping we could do! I believe that marriage is meant for one man and one woman, but I also believe that people should not be treated any differently by society because of who they are or who they want to be with. I think it's sick that people kill over this! I know several gay people and 99% of the time they are funner to be around!
 
********************
 
Yesterday, I caught up with an old friend. We probably spent 10 minutes chatting on Facebook. We were highschool friends. It is so nice to see how far we both have come since then. The choices we've made, our careers, our families. It's amazing that it's been 9 years and that we are both married, both have children, and both have careers. She is a teacher, a mother of two precious little boys, and married a jarhead...her words, not mine :)
 
She had me smiling yesterday because as southern as she is, she married a yankee!
Let me rephrase that, a damn yankee. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's someone who is a yankee, but moved to the south. She said that he loves all things Southern, including fried chicken, every thing but boiled peanuts...hey, he can't be perfect!
 
It's funny! To see where 9 years will take you. I couldn't imagine my life any differently! I always wanted to go off to college somewhere. Had I done that I may never had married the hubs. We may never have had the Princess...and that just wouldn't be any fun at all! Looking back on highschool, it wasn't the funnest time at all. Girls are mean and cruel, but Kim, my old HS friend, reminded me yesterday, that it doesn't matter where we go in life, it's where we are now that matters!
 
Kim, this post is for you! Thank you for reminding me that HS was a joke! All that matters is where we are now! Forget the BS, and focus on the future! Girls night soon?
 
********************
 
I'm off tomorrow for Good Friday, yay!
I'm taking a long weekend break from blogging to focus on Easter. To be with my friends and family, and to focus on what Easter is truly about, the resurrection of Jesus!
 
Of course we will have egg hunts, Easter baskets, and egg toss'! It's my second favorite Holiday!
 
I wish you and yours a very Happy and Blessed Easter Holiday!
 
xo
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger