To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 1, 2013

...and he said let's just talk to them



So I am very excited to tell you that I purchased my very first brand new car. As in when I drove it off the lot it only had 7 miles on it. I have never owned a brand new car...
 
Long story short, Saturday's are normally spent looking at houses and new cars...you know the ones that you can't really afford, the ones you just drive past. The ones you will eventually get when you get other bills paid off...I fell in love with the Honda Pilot, 3rd row seating, all hands free everything!
 
I say keep driving because I hate being stuck at car dealerships all day, he says let's just talk to them to see what we can do...
 
After five long hours, needless to say we bought :)
 
 
No, I haven't took any pics yet! Give me a break! I've been too busy showing it off and driving it everywhere!
Pic via
 
 
via
 
 
We're all happy. I'm happy because it's new, and amazing!
Princess is happy because she loves getting in the very back and climbing over the seats.
Hubby is happy because it has so much more room, compared to my Rav4...
 
 
On that note, we had such a great Easter. Easter is my second favorite Holiday, after Christmas. It represents so much for me as a Christian. It's the day that Jesus was resurrected after he was crucified on the cross. He did this for me, and for you, and for every one. It was the most selfless act anyone could ever do. Easter is also about family, friends, egg hunts, and kids...and my kid had a blast!
 
 
Photo
 
She got peeps (her favorite) dress up dresses, a card from the Easter Bunny himself, some coloring books, crayons, bubbles, more peeps, stickers, and her favorite thing, was the $2 plastic chick! Money spent on this kid for Easter averaged $70, and she liked the $2 chick...that's how it goes!
 
Of course the hubby got something from EB too!
 
 
 
Hubby always said he wanted a Yeti cooler...Yeti coolers, if you're unaware, are about $400...and EB isn't rolling in the dough! So hubby was happy with his Southern Marsh tee, some chocolates, some gift cards and candy...
 
Momma over here got a new car and my first months insurance paid for so I'm happy, happy, happy!



I linked up...did you?
 
I hope you had a Blessed and happy Easter!
 
xo
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger