To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 5, 2013

I go for the food...duh!

 
 
 
 
What's the best part about Bridal Showers?
 
The Food!
 
Any normal person knows that :)
 
 
My uncle-in-law is getting hitched, and the bride-to-be is going to get a real dose of our family tomorrow night, because we're throwing her a Passion Bachelorette Party. We say we're showering her, but truly it's more like hounding, drinking, laughing, and eating, all the while shopping for pink vibrators...
 
My mother-in-law is the host and I'm her helper. This is our menu and I am SO ready to chow down!
 
 
Life as a Lofthouse (Food Blog): Stuffed Pizza Rolls
Stuffed Pizza Rolls
 
We heard through the grape vine that these were delish. We did a little Pinterest research and IDK about all you gals but this one right here will probably eat about a dozen. We're going to call them Pizza Balls, pun intended.
 
 
What party wouldn't be complete without
 
Make-Ahead Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket
 
Pigs-in-a-Blanket - my personal fave!
These are always the first things to go off of the spread. Plus, they look so appropriate for some reason. Hmm...
 
 
Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots
 
Jello Shots! I have never tried a jello shot, ever. Isn't that cray cray?!
They may be terrible, they may be delish. I'll find out tomorrow.
 
 
A vegetable tray is a must have! It's the one item at a get together that every person eats. Except for my friend Emily, she's the only person I know that won't eat a single veggie, including lettuce. Girls weird! I love a good vegetable try. It's simple yet delicious. My motto is to do something very simple. Only buy a few vegetables, the most popular. Make it colorful, and add some ranch dip for taste.
 I always go with celery, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes and I serve cheese on the side. It keeps it simple and everyone loves it.
 
Individual vegetable sticks in dip is a great idea as really, i always have left-over veggies that I have to put away and if you know approx. how many people, why not buy your veg, prep and put together single servings with some extras and that way your dip won't be warming up all night! I think this is the ticket!
 
I love this individual cup idea. Each person grabs there own, cleanup would be so easy if you purchased clear plastic cups from your local dollar store.
 
Lastly, we're serving wine and cocktails. It's a make-your-own type deal. This way no one is stuck behind the bar the entire time, missing out on the fun. I'm sure as hell not going to miss Nanny checking out the edible panties! We're also doing a "bridal punch". It's pink, of course, and it's got a good mix of pineapple juice, sprite, and orange juice. This will probably be the only non-alcoholic beverage there...and water.

Blush Pink Sherbert Punch // bridal shower
 
Other than that, my weekend will be relaxing, hopefully. Hubs is on call and we'll spend it watching movies and snuggling with the Princess.
 
xo
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger