To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 19, 2013

Heritage in Heels



Yesterday the hubby and I attended the RBC Heritage. If you are unsure of what the Heritage is, it's basically the social event of the year, here in South Carolina. To be honest, I could care less about social events, I had to go because I had to work it. I use the term work lightly, as all I had to do was mingle with potential clients for a total of about 45 minutes, and then I had the rest of the day to enjoy the Heritage. I am not "high-falootin". I would rather sit around a fire with friends and family than walk around a golf course in 4" heels and a summer dress, alas, I put my pink and white dress, nude pumps, and a smile, on and had a blast! It was a lot of fun.
 
As a woman, or normal person, in general, I dislike watching golf on television, but it is a lot different in person. Now I enjoy playing golf, and I know a lot of players most people aren't aware of, but that's mostly because I worked in the golf industry for six years. (Example: Tiger Woods vs. Ricky Barnes) Every one knows Tiger, not a lot of people know Ricky.
 
It was eventful. I got to see Ricky tee off, and my personal favorite, Matt Kuchar, or "The Kuch".
 
I also took an infamous pick of the Harbour Town Light House.
 
 
Photo
 
After the Heritage I stopped by a local boutique here in town and picked up a few must haves I have been eyeing.
 
Tory Burch Inspired Mint Bracelet Set

Navy Blue Anchor Earrings
 
The weekend here is supposed to be cold and rainy, so it will be movies and snuggles for me and the fam. I hope each of you have a great weekend.
 
xo
 


2 comments

  1. LOVE your new braclet & earrings, do they have a webpage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You can visit their FaceBook page:

    https://www.facebook.com/bluewaterboutique

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger