To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 11, 2013

Let's go back...


...a few years.
 
 
 
 
 
So, some fab girls are doing a fab blog hop...truly they just want to make me feel old. I am only 26, but posting some of these videos are going to make me feel like I'm ancient.
 
Let's go back to my highschool days. I went to a SUPER small highschool, where my graduating class was only 12. Yes, 12 people! We all got to vote on what song we wanted to walk out on, in our cap and gowns, I was all for this song! I thought it was the shiz...
 

Is it terrible that I still get a little teary eyed listening to this? We ended up not walking out to this, and TBH I must have been truly upset about it because I cannot even remember what song we did walk out to. Want to know what I do remember?
 
When this song came out! My parents would NOT let me listen to this, so I had to sneak buy the CD, yes CD, because there were no iPods, iPads, iPhones...I thought I was a bad ass!
 
 
 
How about those songs that you would dance to with your girlfriends, when no one else was watching, in your bedroom, with the door closed, at 13 years old, when you thought you were hot stuff shaking your booty?! I WISH someone would have video recorded us doing this so I could look back on it and laugh! Lord knows none of us had an ass to sit on, and no rhythm what-so-ever, so I'm assuming all we did was sway our hips...yeah, that would have been amazing to see today! Here are the songs I use to horribly dance shake to.
 
 
(FYI - while posting this video to my blog, I rocked out to this song, for old times sake)
 
 
 
All Saints were my personal fave...I may go buy this song on iTunes right now!
Don't hate, you know you're singing a long right now.
 
xo
 
 

2 comments

  1. Hi Miranda! I found you through the bloghop. I thought I went to a tiny school but 12 has me beat by a long way! xx

    Amanda @ Rhyme & Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the thong song... forgot about that one.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger