To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 3, 2013

SWW



So What Wednesday
 
So what...
 
...if I'm ready to pack up and move further South. You would think South Carolina would be pretty far south with warm weather, but hell no! It's freezing balls and I'm SICK of it!
 
...if I just got done eating my lunch at 9am this morning! This girl was hungry and there is no point on waiting till noon.
 
...if I stop every morning and get an apple turnover! Every.single.morning.
 
...if I'm dreading and excited about Destin all at the same time. Turns out the weather there isn't as warm as we'd like it to be. Temps in the low 70s, but my ass will still be in the bikini I bought...freezing! #dontcare
 
...if I hate the tanning bed, unlike most people. Don't get me wrong, I love the after results, but I hate how hot it gets. How sweaty I get. Wearing those goggles.
 
...if I love the way my toenails look in the tanning bed (see above). They glow pink from my toenail polish. It's the coolest thing...I get amused easily.
 
...my daughter is a brat. Truly. She snaps back, is extremely sassy, and she's very strong willed...I wouldn't have it any other way. Hubby says she get's it honestly, whatever that means :)
 
...that I thought today was Thursday. I call it "glass half full" thinking...but it sucks that it's only Wednesday!
 
...that I'm excited about a Passion Party I'm going to Saturday night. It's a night out, with a group of women, touching and feeling and giggling over some hot pink vibrators and pastel flowered pasties. It's going to be a blast!
 
Link up...
 
xo
 
 

1 comment

  1. Your lucky it's 70's there. It's maybe 55 here in Illinois, I am a little jealous.

    I haven't been to a Passion Party in so long. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger