To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 25, 2013

Life's Little Moments





Yesterday was Administrative Professionals Day. My sweet boss sent me the prettiest flowers. Although I am a huge Carolina Gamecock fan, bright orange is still one of my favorite colors, not Clemson orange, let's not get confused.
 
 
The hubby and I had gotten into an argument on Tuesday night. Nothing major, but he knew he was wrong, so when I got home last night he surprised me by taking me to my favorite restaurant...Japanese! It was his form of an apology. It's the little things like that I love the most!
 
We went to a wedding this past weekend and I fell in love with the song that the Bride and her Father danced too. I love Johnny Cash. He's one of my all time favorite country artists, and I had no clue he did a cover of "You Are My Sunshine". I immediately went to iTunes and purchased it, literally, at the wedding. I've been listening to it non-stop, along with some of my other recent iTunes purchases.
 
I do realize that it's a strange jump from old school Cash to Florida Georgia Line w/Nelly, but my music is wide spread and I love it! 
 
 

 
OK, so this song isn't exactly new, but it's one of my all time favorites by Jake Owen and I thought I'd share. Enjoy...
 
 
I had to stop by the dreaded Walmart last night to pick up a few things for some Inedible Cake orders, and we saw Willie Robertson from Duck Dynasty there, naturally we had to take pics with him :)
 

 
Here are some of my recent cake designs. How cute are those onesie cupcakes?!
 


 
Yesterday I had to go to Hilton Head for work. I saw two amazing homes in the process, and got a free lunch. #LoveMyJob
 
xo
 
 
 

3 comments

  1. Those flowers are so pretty! My bosses gave me Reeses Pieces, haha. Then I felt like a terrible employee because I didn't get them anything...whoops! Haha. Stopping by from the Lately link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My co-workers and I said we have to give our boss crap for forgetting Admin day, but then again we forgot bosses day last year so I guess we are even haha.

    I'm a lover of country music too, thanks for sharing the songs!! Cruise is one of my faves!

    - Laura @ MrsLauraBeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers! I love all of the bright colors. :) Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger