To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 15, 2013

My First Award

 
 
So the lovely Christine at Musings of a Single Mama gave me my first blog award!
 
 
Woot Woot!

So here is how it works. I give you 11 random facts about me, answer the 11 questions that
Ms. Christine wants me to answer and then provide 11 questions to the bloggers I forward the award on to. Here it goes...

Eleven Randoms
 

1) Once I started dating, at the ripe ole age of 12, (I use the term dating lightly because it was more phone conversations and flirting then actual dinner and movies.) I've never not had a boyfriend since. It started with A, then to D, then to P, then to B, then back to A, then back to D,
then to the hubby!

2) I can hit 29 out of 30 skeet. Don't mess with me when I have a Benelli in my hand, I'm a bad ass!

3) I can eat BBQ sauce with just about anything.

4) At 17 I almost went to jail for under-age drinking, although I did not even take a sip!

5) I stepped in to just burnt ashes from a fire when I was 3. I couldn't walk for months after that and although I've never seen pictures. Every one said I basically had no toes...you can't even tell these days. My feet, look like feet. I'd take a pic to prove it, but I am in desperate need of a pedicure and I'm not showing you my chipped toenail polish!

6) I didn't know what Liebster meant, so I had to look it up online. It's German for favorite.

7) I could, and practically do, rotate these foods in my house weekly.
Tacos, Spaghetti, Pizza, Fried Porkchops, Fried Chicken, and BBQ.

8) Although I don't watch every.single.game, I'm a GAMECOCK fan through and through!

9) My favorite color is Pink. Every thing is pink. I bought two shirts this weekend, both pink...I try to mix up my wardrobe color, but it's harder then it seems. I did venture out and buy a green shirt too.

10) I am a Breast Cancer Advocate. I try to support the research for it any way I can. My aunt was diagnosed a few years back. She is a Breast Cancer survivor. Although they passed away from something else, both of my grandmothers were Breast Cancer Survivors as well.  Here is an article I wrote for a local newspaper on behalf of my aunt.

11) I am PRO plastic surgery! I have no problems what-so-ever against people who want to change their appearance, as long as it's to benefit them or their self esteem. I have had plastic surgery myself and I couldn't be happier after the fact! Just make sure you do your research, get reviews from other people who have had the same surgery, and make sure you do it for YOU, no one else!

The Questions

What is a major goal you want to achieve in your lifetime?

To get my degree in journalism. I've always loved to write, and speak publicly. Once you get me started I just don't shut up so I think I'd be perfect at it.

How many children do you want/have?

I originally wanted 4 children. (What the hell was I thinking?!) After having my Princess I go back and forth on having just one more. Today it's a no, tomorrow it may be a want...who knows?!

Vanilla, Chocolate, or Strawberry ice cream?

Chocolate every.single.time!

What is your dream job?

This goes hand in hand with #1...I'd love to be a news anchor. Unfortunately, I feel my accent is too strong for anything other then the local news.

What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

Hit the snooze button, after that, I kiss Princess.

Do you have a go-to dinner meal? If so, what is it?

You can read about this in my 11 Facts.

How many TVs are in your home?

Two

Do you watch the Super Bowl annually?

Nope.

Name one thing you love that you wish you didn't.

To tan. What can I say, I love being brown/tan. I know it's extremely unhealthy for my skin and body but I do love a good glow.

What's your favorite name for a boy?

It's hard to choose just one but I've always swayed toward the name Jaxon, with an X.

What's your fave social media network?

The book...as lame as it sounds! I love stalking every one.


I want to know...

1) If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
2) If you could visit anywhere, where would you go?
3) If your dream home had to have one thing, it would have to have _______?
4) Finish the sentence: I'm a major _______?
5) What's one thing you do at work, that you shouldn't?
6) Go to song when you're by yourself in your car?
7) Are you for or against plastic surgery?
8) What's your dream car?
9) What celebrity divorce shocked you the most?
10) Have you ever had a ghostly experience?
11) What is your all time favorite restaurant?

I pass this award on to...

all my lovely followers :)

xo







 

3 comments

  1. Ok, now you need to do a vlog so I can hear your accent!! I'm from western Canada, so no accents up here but I LOVE them!! When I was little I used to pretend I had one!

    www.loveandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear your Canadian accent, eh?! :)
      Accents are always fun! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Yes, yes they are! And I only say eh for fun!! Or do I....? Lol!

      Delete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger