To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 24, 2013

The Cakes Are Baked



 
Hello, my name is Miranda, and I am a crafter. There I said it!
I've always loved to craft, always. I've tried to crochet, and ain't nobody got time to learn that. I've tried to sew clothes...hah! I have and will always love to decorate cakes, but it seems like every one in the Lowcountry has some sort of cake business, and I don't feel my work competes with theirs from a bakers point of view...as in, my cake work isn't as professional as theirs.
 
A few years ago I made my mom and sister towel cakes for their birthdays, and they loved them. Not long after that my cousin had a baby and I made her a diaper cake. Everyone raved over these cakes and thought I had bought them from an online boutique or diaper cake store...nope, hand made baby!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've done a few towel cakes and diaper cakes for clients since, but have never really went past that, until recently. I figured every one has their own Facebook page for something, why don't I do one for my crafts? Within one day I had 86 likes and two orders placed! I'm not sure how far this venture will take me. Heck, it may not take me past those two orders, but it's something I enjoy doing, I feel like I'm good at doing, and it gives me a little extra money on the side.
 
 
 
If you're interested I do ship, now go like my page :)
 
xo
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger