To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 17, 2013

if he looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, he's a douche



The joy about having a blog is sharing my thoughts, dreams and even my daily experiences. Before I divulge in to this post I do not want this post taken the wrong way. I'm not at all typing speaking highly of myself, just sharing what happened to moi yesterday...
 
 
It was gorgeous, warm and sunny yesterday so on my lunch break I walked outside and FaceTime'd with my sister. (This is becoming a daily thing for us) #FaceTimeAddicts
I was enjoying our daily gossip and giggles when a delivery driver, to the company located next door to us, walked up and asked if I had a light, so I walked inside and grabbed the BIC lighter that we use to light candles in the office, all the while talking to my sister about how cute delivery man is, and walk back outside to hand him the lighter. He got a nice laugh on how my sis and I were FaceTime'ing. If you know me, I'm not shy, at all, so I turned the phone over on him, and my sister who was sans makeup, hair in a bun, and PJs could not remove her face from that screen quick enough. That gave me my chuckle for the day! Him too. Delivery man walks away and says thanks.
 
A few minutes pass, and I say goodbye to my sister as my lunch was coming to an end, when delivery man again, walks up and asks for the BIC. This time he has a bottled water in hand, and says this is for all your trouble. I told him no trouble, grabbed the lighter, and went to walk in. As I reached for the lighter, he says, "oh, I didn't see your rings, bummer. I've got to be honest, the only reason I walked over was to talk to you again." I replied with a big, "HAPPILY MARRIED", along with a smile. This is when I see him walk to his truck and slip his wedding band back on.
 
DOUCHE!!!
 
********************
 
So What Wednesday
 
So what, if I had a confidence boost in that moment.
 
So what, if I wanted to look his wife up and call her to tell her much of an ass her husband is
and that she could do much better!
 
So what if I still drank that bottled water he gave me. It was hot and I was thirsty.
 
xo
 
 

1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger