To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 1, 2013

I'm Pregnant...April Fools! (Story of the Princess)




Five years ago today, I needed my pregnant friend Emily's pee!
Yes, you read that right! I wanted to play an April Fools joke on the hubs that I was pregnant.
We had just gotten married 31 days prior to that and the last thing on our mind was a baby. We were newlyweds and I knew this would be the ultimate prank.
During our lunch break I bought the pee test, she pee'd on it, and sho nuff...two pink lines!
I went home later that day and told him I had some news. I sat him down and told him that I skipped my "monthly" and took a test, then I showed it to him. (Some of you may think this as a cruel joke, for my husband and I, it's not, this is our humor). I lead him to believe I was pregnant for probably 30 minutes until I finally told him the truth.
 
...the joke was on me!
 
Tweny one days later, after feeling queezy for a few days, I took a test using my pee this time and sho nuff, two pink lines...Jesus got me good, got me real good! :)
From that point on, I've yet to play another April Fools joke, but that was the best blessing we both could have ever received. Here are some pics of our journey.
 
This was one of my first ultrasounds. I remember telling hubby, how amazing it would be if baby would wave to us...
 
 
 
Each time I see this picture I tear up. This is my dad and the Princess. It's his one and only granddaughter, after having six grandsons. He was and still is so proud!
 
Yes...I was LARGE and in charge! I am 5'6 and weighed 115 pounds when I found out I was pregnant. The day I had princess I weighed 160...I ate any and every thing in sight! Princess was 9 days old in this picture.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm so glad that I jinxed myself all those years ago on April Fools!
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger