To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 26, 2013

Married to my Brother?!



 
I wanted to share a few pictures of my little family from the wedding we attended this past Saturday.
 


Princess and her Grandpa

 
 
When I first saw the above picture, I couldn't help but notice that the hubby and I have a lot of similarities, and I'm not just talking about our matching green outfits. We both have dark brown hair. We both have dark brown eyes. We're both thin, and on the taller side. Oh em gee...he could pass for my brother! Oh well...too late now! We can at least get away with it, we do live in the South after all!
 
I started an exercise routine yesterday. I've been wanting to start jogging for a while now and yesterday I finally got off my ass and did it. I went about a mile and it was so rewarding. I know a mile doesn't sound like a big deal to any one person, but it's HUGE for me. I'm the girl who runs 50 yards and is out of breath. I'm the girl who drinks Pepsi once I'm done running, instead of water. This is no good - so I'm onto a healthier me. Running, eating better, drinking more water. I feel great with the way I look, but I want to physically feel fit too. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not giving up my Red Bull's. Baby steps people, baby steps!
 
I have a hair appointment next Thursday and I'm having some major reservations about it. It's just a health trim (i.e. getting rid of the split ends) but it makes me a nervous wreck regardless of how many times I go, or should I say don't go. It's been a good year since my last one and my ends are awful!
I used to go every 2 months and get a health trim, back when my hair grew what seemed like an inch a month. I guess after having a child, she sucked the hair growth right out of me, because my locks don't grow near as fast as they used to. On the subject of hair, I thought I'd share this picture of how a hair cut can truly change your looks!
 
Why haircuts are important…
via
 
 
My goal, with much needed time and conditioner, is to have my hair like this:
 
Pinned Image
via
I absolutely love her hair color. I actually called a salon this week and explained to them that my hair is black and I've tried to lighten it several times, but it always manages to turn orange instead of the color I am wanting. Now for a Clemson fan, you may not hate orange hair, but I'm a Carolina girl and orange hair just won't do! They told me that it's possible but the bleach would damage my hair something awful, and I'm not taking that chance...black hair it is!
 
Pinned Image
via
Not only is her hair flawless (I love the ombre look!) but I want her face too - I don't know who she is, but this girl is gorgeous!
 
Pinned Image
via
My goal is to one day have my hair this long, my real hair, not moi weave!
 
New iTunes purchase from last night, of course I've played the song about 20x since then!
 
 

 
xo
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger