To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 22, 2013

My Weekend in Pictures

 
 
Friday
 
Some times the best days are the one's spent with no plans.
                                                                                    - Yours Truly
 
Friday evening my little family loaded up and spent the night with my sister, her husband, and their two children, just hanging out at their home enjoying conversations and letting Princess play with her best friend and cousin, Devin. I can honestly say I have the best times when we ride over there, because it's usually non-stop laughter between my sister and I. Of course I don't have pictures while we were there, but Princess and I managed to snag a pic before we left home. I will tell you I managed to do an entire Pilates workout in this maxi dress. It's a God-given talent people!
 
 
Got to love the animal print. Zebra for me, Cheetah for her.
 
Saturday
 
In the morning the hubs went hunting. Which meant more snuggle time for me and the Princess. Of course we had to FaceTime daddy when he got done. Princess loves this, she stares at herself in the little box in the upper left hand corner the entire time.
 
Some thing you may not know about me, I love taking photographs. I wouldn't call myself a photographer, but I sure do try. I've taken family pictures, newborn photos, pageant shots, as well as some architectural pictures for a golf course before. Although it's an iPhone pic, I just love how the silo turned out. It's so Southern.
 


 

 

Snuggles in bed.

 
 
Sunday
 
Best day out of our entire weekend! We rode down to a local landing and enjoyed the scenery. We also took some pics, or should  I say the Princess took some pics. She did an amazing job too, I might add. Also, it doesn't matter how old you are, when you see a huge tree laying on the ground, you've got to climb it.
 
 
 
 
If you can't tell I love Instagram. It instantly can transform any ole picture, to something amazing.
You can follow me here!
 
...and what day wouldn't be complete without a selfie?
 
Note to self: Remember to smile next time.
 
xo
 
 
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger