To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 15, 2013

Cheers to the Freakin Weekend


 
Where to begin?
 
Friday
 
After we dropped Princess off for her weekend away with the in-laws, I cried because I knew I was going to miss her snuggles, but I quickly cheered up because a weekend with the hubs is always refreshing for our marriage!
 
We met some friends of ours for dinner in downtown Savannah at the Melting Pot. Their food is amazing! The company was just as fun!
 
 
Saturday
 
Our plans for camping got cancelled so the hubby and I spent all day on Hilton Head! We relaxed on the beach, played putt-putt, did some shopping, went to Sea Pines and ate at the famous Salty Dog Cafe. (Sea Pines will be packed this coming weekend because of the RBC Heritage.) After lunch we left Hilton Head, went home and freshened up for dinner, once again, at the Melting Pot.
We are in love with their food!
 
 
 
 

 
because every girl has to do a duck face
 
 
Of course, all day long a few times throughout the day I checked twitter and facebook to keep up with my Princess. Got to love social media!
 
Grandpa (my father-in-law) and the Princess
 
L to R: Memaw (my mother-in-law), Princess, and her cousin, Olivia
The highlight of my Saturday is when I cursed an old man.
 
The hubby and I were trying to get over, in Hilton Head traffic none-the-less, and he unnecessarily beeped his horn relentlessly and "ain't nobody got time fo dat!" It got to the point to where others were even looking at this old man, in his Mercedes, honking at us like, "what an ass".
 I have the best husband in the world. He's easy-going and it takes a lot to make him mad, but he finally got to that point and shot Old Man River a bird...Old Man River drove up beside us, looked at the hubby and said, "Wow, aren't you a classy one." Well I showed Old Man River how classy we really were by telling him to F*** Off as loud as I could. He just drove off.
Miranda - 1, Old Man River - 0
 
Maybe we're not the classiest bunch, but where I come from you let someone over, jackass!
 
Sunday
 
We slept in, snuggled and impatiently waited on the Princess to get home. We passed the time by eating a massive breakfast...and before you ask, yes, I ate the entire Philly Cheesesteak Omelet!
 
 
 
Alas, it's Monday again...ugh!
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger