To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 8, 2013

Is it Friday yet?



 
 
Friday
 
The hubs has a job where he goes "on call". Which means he can't leave the area just in case he gets called in to work. Which in turn means we're all stuck in our little neck of the woods. So Friday was spent eating my fave...tacos! And watching movies.
 
Saturday
 
My favorite day from this past weekend! It was gorgeous and warm all weekend so we played outside all day with the Princess. We bought a cheap slip-n-slide and had a blast! Of course I tried my best to get some sun by laying out, when the Princess was blocking my UV view! I had to take a pic, isn't she the cutest?!
 
 
Saturday night I had a Passion/Bachelorette party to go to. It's for a member of my husbands family so I had invited my sister and bestie to come along. They bailed, so I was stuck going by myself. LAME! They missed out! It was a blast! I had the best time.
 
Here was the spread...
 

 
Those little colorful jars of sunshine? Jello Shots!
 
I had a blast.
 
Sunday
 
Relaxing, rejuvenating, time spent with family. It was amazing! I got some one on one time with my sister while laying in the warm sun, I love our times together. We have such a close bond and it was nice to just have it be the two of us. Later that night, after Princess fell asleep the hubby and I rented This if 40, the sequel to Knocked Up...it was OK. It definitely portrayed what real life is more so than any other chick flick/comedy out there, plus Paul Rudd is easy on the eyes...I'd give it two stars...I'm a hard ass. Back to the grind this week. Destin is cancelled (even more lame then my friends bailing on me!). Turns out it's about 15 degrees warmer here this weekend, then in Florida. We decided to NOT travel the 8 hours and stay here and enjoy the warmth instead. We're re-planning it for the end of May.
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger