To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 29, 2013

Wedding Monday



Bride-To-Be's do weekly "Wedding Wednesday" posts. Well I am no longer a bride-to-be, nor is it Wednesday (I wish!), but I thought with so many of my Facebook friends getting married this past weekend, I would share the hubs and I special day with you.
 
 
We got married on a beautiful March afternoon. We were married in the Church we attend. I got ready in the nursery (thus the Precious Moments on the walls).
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the back story on my wedding dress. My mom, sister and I were prom dress shopping for my senior prom. We walked in to a bridal boutique searching for a bright pink prom dress, when we noticed the most gorgeous dress we all have ever seen on a mannequin in the middle of the store.
Queue the angel music in the background!
 My mom looked at me with tears in her eyes and said that's your wedding dress. You may not get married until years to come, but that's it. I agree'd and we bought that day! It sat in storage for four years until I used it. To this day I have yet to see a dress similar to it. It has pale pink and green detail on the bodice and a long satin skirt with the same detailing on the sides. The train on my dress is about 3 foot long.
 
 
This is my sister who is also a licensed beautician. She of course, did my hair and makeup for all of the girls, including herself, for my wedding day. You can't tell in this picture, but I was an emotional mess at this point. She had to apply foundation on me at least 3x to cover up my tears!
 
Then the moment came, when the double doors to the Church opened, and my daddy walked me out. I had my dad wear his own personal suit, and not get the suit that the rest of the groomsmen were wearing. If you personally know my dad, you would understand. He's not the type to go try on tuxedo's, nor was I about to make him. We had a simple country ceremony, and it didn't matter to me. I will forever remember him in his gray suit.
 
 
This moment was by far a memory I will forever hold in my heart. Just typing this brings tears to my eyes. I will never forget seeing my mom, my two sisters, and my Matron of Honor, all crying because they were all full of pure joy and happiness for the hubby and I. I will never forget my husbands face as those doors opened. I had our videographer tape him instead of me when coming down the aisle, because I forever, wanted that reaction on camera.
 
Not much has changed in all my years. I knew since I was a little girl that my wedding would be pink. Naturally, all of my bridesmaids wore pink. Each of my girls are unique in some way and I wanted their dresses to reflect that, so they all wore different dresses in the same color.
 
L to R: Ashley (Jr. Bridesmaid) Shelby (Bridesmaid) LaTesha (Sister) Me (Bride) Emily (Matron of Honor) Angela (Sister) Kera (Sister-In-Law)
 
 
 
 
We held our reception in my sister, LaTesha's, back yard. We had chairs and tables brought in from a local company, a live band, and my family worked extremely hard on some pretty amazing décor.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger