To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 5, 2013

Conversations with Siri



So last night I finally did my phone upgrade.
I've had the 4 for two and a half years, so while every one else was talking and showing off little Miss Siri, I was holding down the menu button and pretending to talk to her. I got the 5 and oh.em.gee...love it! It truly is so much quicker! I didn't think there was going to be a huge difference, but there is. Like everyone else does when they get a new phone, I was up until midnight playing it, let me rephrase that...I was up until midnight talking to Siri...here is our conversation:
 
Moi
Siri
 
Hello Siri, you can call me Miranda
 
OK, Miranda, from now on I will call you Miranda.
 
So what's my name.
 
Miranda, would you like me to change this?
 
That's a big negative Siri.
 
Siri, are you married?
 
I can't answer that.
 
What's your favorite food?
 
I'm fine with whatever you choose.
(Don't I wish the hubs was as sweet!)
 
Do you think I'm pretty?
 
I really couldn't say.
Bish please!
 
That was a bitchy thing to say.
 
Now, now.
Damn she's sassy!
 
What are you wearing?
 
In the cloud, no one knows what you're wearing.
 
What are you doing after work today?
 
What am I doing? Waiting for something to do.
She's getting sassier at this point.
 
When will pigs fly?
 
When they grow wings, when they figure out how to buy plane tickets, or when they are inserted into a circus cannon after the fuse is lit.
 
Tell me a dirty joke.
 
Sorry Miranda. I don't know any dirty jokes and if I did I wouldn't be allowed to tell them to you.
 
That's how I spent my Thursday night...it was amazing.
Siri and I have had a conversation this morning as well. I love her.
At this point I'd love anyone who plays a Jake Owen song when I tell them too.
 
Have a great weekend loves!
 
xo
 
 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger