To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 13, 2013

Destin Florida



Two days ago my phone "beeped".
It was my wonderful mother in law (MIL) asking about the Princess, making sure she was on the road to recovery. She also said that in April she was going to visit her mom and would like to take Princess with her for the weekend. She invited us to go, but they are going to some sort of renaissance festival while they are there, and that's not for us. (long story short, they roped us in to going one year, and the only good thing about it was the fried macaroni and cheese, on a stick)
 
Of course she can take Princess! A weekend for just me and the hubs...

We immediately decided we were going to go somewhere for the weekend. We are not home-bodies! We are the complete opposite and I refuse to let what could be a romantic weekend slip away. We are leaving on a Thursday night and coming home Sunday, so we will have a full two days in Destin, FL.

Mine and the hubbies high school bestie joined the air force right after we graduated. He was stationed in Destin, and although he is no longer in the air force, he loves it there so much he and his long time girlfriend bought their first house and are loving it there!

Not only am I excited about seeing him, because it's been almost 10 years, but I have never been to Destin! The water is clear like the Bahamas, and beaches are sandy white and abundant, not nasty sand or small beaches! They have a long boardwalk full of restaurants and large boats that you can enjoy for hours. I can imagine me and the hubs walking le boardwalk hand in hand, with mojitos, dreaming of owning the huge yachts we will see!


via
via


Isn't it absolutely gorgeous!
I can't wait!

******************************

I need to vamp up my wardrobe for this amazing trip! I purchased a bikini that I thought I was going to get to wear in Orlando, but seeing as how it was "cold as balls" I never got the chance! I am currently getting super tan and can't wait to wear my hot pink and white cheetah print bikini!







Belive it or not I have only ever bought Victoria's Secret swimsuits! I have never bought any other kind in my life! They just fit me better than any other brand out there. As "classy" as it sounds to say this, I bought this bikini at Walmart! We were grocery shopping and as soon as we walked in this caught my eye. We did our shopping and the entire time I was thinking of this bathing suit. Before we left I snuck in and tried it on and couldn't belive how well it fit me. For only $7.97 for top and the same price for the bottom I was sold!

 You can find this super cute bikini here.


We're going shopping this weekend and if I have any good finds I'll be sure to share!

xo

2 comments

  1. I love the swim suit I think I might have to pick me one up. :) I love FL and Destin is beautiful!

    -Courtney
    courtneyrevels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the swimsuit is amazing! I can't wait for Destin!
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger