To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 22, 2013

Gamecock Country

 
 
Today is my first day back to work in two days, and it's Friday at the same time, woot woot!
I was in Columbia (aka - Gamecock country!) for training for my new position. It was a blast.
Very little training, more fun. I got to meet every one up there, and eat out for free, so yeah, it was awesome, plus I bought some new purchases I'll share later, right now I just want to share some pics!
 
The drive up was gorgeous! All the dogwood trees on I26 were in full bloom!
 
 
I was speeding driving so the pic isn't the best quality, but you can see how pretty the drive up was!
 
My sweet hubby surprised me by coming up after I got out of training for the day and took me out to dinner at Ruths Chris. We have never been and obviously heard nothing but great things about the steak there. We also heard how expensive it was, but wanted to scratch it off our bucket list.
 
We both ordered steaks, and scallops as an appetizer. The scallops and salad were amazing. The steak was not worth the money we paid for it though!
 
 
I was so ready to come back home. To sleep in my own bed and snuggle with my family, plus, who wouldn't want to come back to this face!?
 


Have a great weekend!
 
xo
 

 
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger