To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 19, 2013

Pinterest is a B****



Yes, you read that right! I LOVE hate Pinterest.
Like everyone else, there are so many things that I want that I simply cannot afford or talk myself into buying. The clothes, the food, the home decor, the hair, I could go on but will stop myself now and share some of my Pinterest finds instead.
 
via
 
I love this casual yet chic look. I am not a drab dresser! Don't get me wrong I think black, cream, gray and neutral is the way to go, especially for a business casual look, but personally I'm all about bright colors, and this pop of orange would be the perfect thing to wear on casual Friday!
 
The link I attached below the picture takes you to a blog where you can get the look, for less!
 
 
I'm loving arm candy right now! I love matching and mis-matching bracelets, bangles, and watches to decorate your wrist. Here are some of my faves!
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
I could not find the original link, via Pinterest
 
Here are the bracelets I paired today:
 
 
 
I'm wearing a David Yurman knock off, a nautical bracelet I purchased last year, and another Yurman knock off, with a Gamecock charm bracelet my in-laws bought for me.
 I always have to represent my Gamecocks! :)
BTW - I wore the knock off Yurman to dinner one night and had a lady compliment me on my bracelet, she had no clue it only cost me $10, compared to $450!
 
Speaking of jewelry here is something else I saw on Pinterest...how cute is this
mother/daughter necklace!
 
Pinned Image
via
 
I am IN LOVE with this set! I can imagine Princess with the little heart around her neck!
This may be on my Mother's Day list!
 
I got married five years ago. Pinterest wasn't around back then...BUMMER!
 
Like this shirt to wear the day of, or to your bachelorette party!
 
Pinned Image
via


I paid $25 for a bride T-Shirt to wear after our ceremony. Had I even thought of this I would have done it! This girl turned a $5 T-Shirt into this! How cute!
 
Pinned Image
via
Mason Jars are a Southern staple! You drink out of them, collect things in them (i.e. Seashells), or use them for decorations! Our ceremony started at 2pm and our reception ran into the evening. This would have been amazing to have at our reception!
 
 

Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
I couldn't find the original link, via Pinterest
 
I'm a southern girl through and through, but it never dawned on me to wear my boots the day of!
 
 
Here are some more Pinterest loves!
 
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
via
 
Pinned Image
via
 
 
xo
 


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger