To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 26, 2013


button
 
My fave linkup, ever! It's a chance to be completely honest with no judgement all our blog friends!
Plus Jake and Holly give away a $10 gift card to the funniest answers!
 
1 - If calories didn't count I would eat...honey boo boo child...calories do count, and I don't give a damn! I still eat what I want. YOLO! Thank goodness I have a high metabolism, when that starts to slow down I'm screwed!
 
2 - On my prom night...
 
 
...oh my lawd! It was a 50s themed, if you couldn't tell...SO original! What the heck was I thinking with this dress?! You see that very handsome date...that is the hubs now...he must have been a really good dancer :) Let's not mention my pasty white self, and my pale pink dress to match. Were there not tanning beds back then?
 
3 - When I go to the store I always buy something I don't need, and never buy what I need! Case in point yesterday. Needed hamburger meat, walked in, got the April issue of Food Network magazine and a jar of pickles. Last night for dinner, pickles and scamming food I wish I could make.
 
4 - Family functions typically look like this...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
FYI - none of us look like this anymore! Fashion back in the 2000s wasn't what it is today...check out mom with a shirt on a shirt. Me (up front) with my HUGE floppy bunny ears...it wasn't Easter people, it was Christmas. Who the heck knows what my dad and sister Angela (in the green) were looking at!
 
Oh my goodness....I didn't realize how "white trash" we were until posting these pics!
 
5 - I think my blog readers...my two blog readers I do have are fabulous! hah! I just started this little ole blog and am loving every minute of it. It's definitely a vent releaser and I love the comraderie between other bloggies.
 
6 - I'd much rather be a REAL HOUSEWIFE. I could so be best friends with Lisa Vanderpump! It's definitely a goal of mine!
 
7 - I have an obsession with Jake Owen...enough said!
 
 
 
(Disclaimer: Hubs SUCKS at taking pics)
 
He's gorgeous!
 
8 - My work friends. I cross out the (s) because it's single, as in one, as in my boss. It's literally just he and I in the office and I love it that way! He's easy going, laid back, and we laugh, hysterically, all the time! Love him!
 
9 - When I created my facebook account I put every picture I ever took on it, as you can see from the pics above that I copy and pasted here on moi blog! What the hell was I thinking? It's pointless to go back and delete them off my page, people have already seen what is my crazy family and how we act a fool when we're together!
 
10 - My least favorite word is fart...just typing it gave me the chills! People don't fart, they poot or pass gas. Got to keep it classy sometimes.
 
11 - I really don't remember being born. I mean bright lights and my very first spanking. I don't remember it. Seriously, I have an elephants memory! I rarely forget some thing. I remember what I wore when the hubs and I first met, first date...for real!
 
12 - Justin Bieber ain't got nothing on Jake Owen. No, really, he doesn't. I've heard maybe one of his songs...gasp!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger