To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 11, 2013

Moi and Pet Peeves



I've been blogging for a month now.
Now that I have internet, it'll be more frequently, and I can't wait to show you all my new blog design, currently being worked on...it's going to be fab!
 
 
You've read heard me rant and rave about many different topics, but today I'm going to give you some simple facts about moi!
 
 
1) I've always wanted to visit Manhattan! I can't really remember when my love for NYC transpired, but I'm assuming it's back when I was 16 and started watching Sex and the City! To me, it's just one of those bucket list places.
I came super close to going to NY with my sister as a pre-wedding gift from her, but we ended up going to Florida instead. #regret
Don't get me wrong...I love my lowcountry life and DO NOT want to move to NYC, just visit.
 
2) I cannot stand it when a fellow blogger, not one in particular, but just any blogger trys to type in unknown languages to add emphasis to their posts. (Example, like I did above with moi) Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with posting it every now and then, like I did above, and like most of my blog friends do, but there are a few who post in French every blog post, and it drives me insane! #majorpetpeeve #lesigh #ugh!
 
3) I cannot tolerate little red numbered circles on my iPhone! If an app needs to be updated, I have to do it then! Call it OCD...don't care! Currently the hubs has 8 updates on his apps...I hate seeing that red 8! Drives me insane!
 
4) I may not live my life perfect each day, but I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ, faith, and family. Those will always come first. I'm not going to shove religion down any one person's throat (for lack of better words), but if I can lead someone to an eternal life in Heaven, I will try my best to make that happen!
God has given me so much to be thankful for and I have seen miracles face to face, in person, with my own eyes that I have no doubt in my mind that he exists!
 
5) Several people think the hubs and I are related. We seriously get that way TOO often! We both have dark hair, tan skin, big brown eyes, and some height to us. Needless to say, we have fun with it. We were both in DQ one day getting ice cream. The lady at the counter asked if we were brother and sister. I resonded yes. Afterwards, we kissed...her face was priceless!

6) I honestly believe I have the cutest kid in the world. I know every mom thinks that, but I truly believe it!

 
Hippy Chic
 

Fashionista


I mean how presh is she?!

7) I have an addiction to pickles and pepsi! Sounds weird? I mean a pickle isn't the same without an ice cold pepsi! A pickle doesn't taste the same with a Coke, it has to be a Pepsi...speaking of, there is a significant difference between Coke and Pepsi. I'm a Pepsi girl through and through!



That's it for now...keep Princess in your prayers.
Hubs just called back after the doc appointment, turns out it's a back to back virus. Started as a stomach bug, and is now a head cold...ugh!

xo

Miranda
 


2 comments

  1. My hubby has 48 updates on his iPad. 48!!! Can you even believe that?!

    Your little girl is seriously so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - of course, I'm partial but she is just adorbs!
    I couldn't deal with the 48 updates...it's giving me anxiety right now just thinking about it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger