To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 18, 2013

Major Pet Peeves



I hate to be "negative Nancy" but I wanted to share some of my pet peeves with you all, to see if I'm not the only one in the world with these crazy annoyances!
 
 
It blows my mind some of the things people put on their FB page. Pics of them on the toilet, pics of them doing illegal things, the comments they make to their friends, or enemies. I mean why would you be friends with someone on FB that you don't even like?! I know I'm not. Granted I have people on my FB that we're just acquaintances, but I'm not going to have someone as a FB friend if I can't stand them? It's a huge pet peeve of mine to have someone post a very rude or negative comment towards someone else for everyone to see. I've had issues with people before and I, like a grown ass woman should, personal message them via FB and explain to them my issues, or I find out their phone number and text or call them. I DO NOT put it on FB Land for all of the
Lowcountry to see.
 
Another FB pet peeve of mine is when someone has a problem with someone else, they post their status to say rude things, that you know is all about that other person! It goes hand in hand with the above! If you have an issue, direct the person head on, don't run away or hide behind your computer screen or iPhone! I've had this happen to me a few times. I deliberately like their status knowing it's about me! :)
 
When I go in a bathroom and every thing is hands free but the towel dispenser. I have clean hands and I have to touch this germ infested towel dispenser with wet hands...gross! I hate it!
 
I hate when a place advertises a sale and you go and it's not really a sale!
Maybe something is advertised as 50% off, you get their and it's one item only, that's two sizes off from yours, and it's half off Monday night from 8-9 only!
THAT'S NOT A SALE!
 
What's your pet peeves?
 
 


1 comment

  1. I especially hate the vague status messages. People write about being angry or sad because of someone else, then refuse to answer any questions about it. So why did they post it? They clearly want the attention.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger