To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 18, 2016

St. Patrick's Day | Mom Pooch

Well hey there and happy Friday y'all! I'm pretty excited because today is only a half day of work and then we're off for a quick little getaway (details on Monday). I'm excited to get out the house for the weekend, even if the weather looks crummy. This sunshine and gorgeous weather has been wonderful and I'm not quite ready to see it go, but I guess we have no say in that matter do we?




So St. Patrick's Day was yesterday. It's probably the only day of the year that I wouldn't want to be strolling the sidewalks of downtown Savannah. Huge crowds and lots of people who drank a little too much, no thanks! It is, however, a day to wear green, so that's what we did! My FB memories from that day broke my heart. Just look at this sweet girl and how quickly the time has passed and how much she has grown through the years!


Her 1st St. Patrick's Day - 2009

St. Patrick's Day 2012


Yesterday...I love how she tries her very best to poke out her little belly! Bless it!

Where has the time gone?! #myhearthurts


My sister-in-law and I were looking through a clothing magazine that she gets monthly in the mail and everything in that book screams "buy me for the cruise!". We are all ready to get on that boat, relax and have great times with family! We were also looking through bathing suits and cover ups, which leads me to tell y'all about my fitness journey. I am by no means large. I was blessed with two pretty thin parents who have high metabolism (if you don't include dads beer belly...hah!), which in turn, I received through genetics. I've always been able to eat whatever and not gain a pound from it. I've always had a thin stomach and then I got pregnant. Thankfully, I lost most of my weight after birth, but I still have always had that "mom pooch" and with Disney in less than a month and our cruise not long after I want to look great in a bikini again. I knew I didn't need to lose any weight, but I wanted to focus on toning up my stomach and trying like to hell to get rid of my mom pooch. I'm happy to say I have stuck with it and am now on week 2. I'm limiting myself to 1200 calories a day, drinking more water, eating more healthier snacks (a handful of pecans instead of a can of pringles), portion controlling my meals better, and most importantly, working out. I work out at least 4 out of the 7 day week and the 3 days I don't work out I walk at least one mile, just something to get my heart rate up and going. I do workout intervals with yoga, an ab workout, and then a general workout that works most of your body, including arms and legs. I'm exhausted when it's all said and done but I know it's working. As crazy as it sounds I love waking up with sore legs, tummy and arms because I know those muscles are getting worked like they should. I took before pictures and if the results are what I hope them to be, I'll be sure and share them here, along with my specific regiment with what I ate, etc. I'm not a fitness guru by any means of the word but y'all this flabby stomach of mine has to go!


I cannot believe that Easter is already next weekend! The older I get, the quicker the years go by. I'm ready for Easter. It's one of my most favorite holidays. I always relay back to Pinterest with ideas, don't we all? With that being said, I have tons and tons of great Easter goodies pinned to my Easter board, go check it out!









Well I'm off to get some work finished before we head out this afternoon. I hope that each of you has a blessed weekend! xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger