To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 28, 2016

Easter 2016

Easter was soaking wet but we had fun nonetheless. Y'all it rained just about all day long but we made the most of our time together as a family. My dad has a shed, so we still managed to cook some burgers on the grill and reminisce. We always play a lot of games, dodgeball, whiffle ball, egg toss, etc...so those are postponed until we can all get together again. Tarl and I are the egg toss champs from last year, so we get to hold onto the trophy a few more weeks, unless we win again :)

We all got some goodies, but of course, Cadence scored the most. She loved everything that EB brought for her, including her new bike!



That smile!

I do want to say a quick little something about her getting a bike as I saw a lot of haters on FB yesterday. Not necessarily towards us but just people posting in general about how Easter isn't a 2nd Christmas and how their children only get a few dollar store toys because Easter is way more than just baskets and toys. Well duh! As a Christian and God fearing woman, Easter is about the Lords Resurrection. He died so that I could live an eternal life in Heaven with him. He died so that I could ask forgiveness of my sins and be truly forgiven. I know this. My husband knows this. My daughter knows this! She knows why we celebrate Easter for HE has risen! Sure, everything else is just fluff. The chocolate bunnies and marshmallow peeps and bubbles and toys, but for children, it is still a part of Easter and if my husband and I want to splurge on a new bike because she has far outgrown her other one, then that's just what we'll do. No one pays our bills for us. No one purchases things for us so what does it matter what we choose to spend on our child? She has had her old bike for 2 years. Each time she peddles her knees almost hit her shoulders, it was far past time for her to get a new bike and rather than just buy one for her to have, why not kill 2 birds with one stone and make it special on Easter morning?! Peoples thoughts and opinions do not bother me. I could care less what someone who I rarely talk with thinks about me or the decisions I make, but I just had to get this off my chest because some of the posts I saw yesterday rubbed me the wrong way. 

We had fun dyeing Easter eggs and we also planted a jelly bean garden which grew into lollipops on Easter morning!









We always take family pictures on Easter before the festivities begin but it just wasn't happening with the weather the way it was, so we did a family selfie. Not everyone was smiling, not everyone's head made it into the picture, but it was great!



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger