To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 4, 2016

Blog Update / Life Update

I first want to say I know I have been so lazy as of recent when it comes to posting here at Life in the Lowcountry. The past few weeks it's been nothing more than a weekend recap and although I have tons of ideas rummage through my mind for blog posts they never seem to make it past a thought.

I know it seems all I ever talk about anymore is travel, but truth is that's been heavily thought about in our home because of our upcoming Disney vacation. Who wouldn't be excited about that?! I assure you, although we are blessed enough to be able to travel, it's only a few times a year. Tarl and I both have full time jobs, Cadence is in school, there are times where we have to work weekends. We have play dates and park days and bills and yard work and cooking and grocery shopping and trips to the library and home remodeling and house cleaning like everyone else. You see, none of that stuff is fun to talk about, so I talk about all of the upcoming fun we have planned, like our Disney vacation or our planned summer cruise for Tarls and my sisters birthday! Let's face it Mickey and the Bahamas are more fun to discuss than swiffer mops and weed-eating around the yard.

I hope in the not so distant future I will be discussing purchasing land and/or a home. Tarl and I continue to pay off debt one month at a time. Sure, we still have those pesky credit cards that we racked up in our younger "not-so-smart" years, but each month we pay more and more off to them and each month we're one step closer to being able to buy a home or a piece of land to build a home on. We're still on the fence about what we want to do exactly. When I want to just buy an already built house he wants to purchase land and build one that we can have custom made to suit our needs and wants and then when I want the custom home he realizes that it would just be so much easier and much less of a hassle to just buy an already built home.

Tarl and I both believe in the Good Lord and know without a doubt that He will lead us into the right direction when the timing is right. Whether that time be in the next month or whether it be two years from now. Whether it be an already built home or whether it's a piece of gorgeous land and we build a home made just for us. Either way, I know that things will work out exactly the way that they are supposed to.

Don't get me wrong, we have a place of our own now, but it's smaller than what we want and I kid you not when I say we have absolutely no storage space! Thank goodness we have a spare bedroom because it's filled with rubbermaid containers that consist of holiday decorations, picture albums and tons of sentimental things that I just can't bare to part with. The non-storage has been an issue for a few years but as the days pass on it gets worse and worse. Tarl built a shed a few years back and that's starting to get filled. Y'all, we need attic space and larger closets! As stated before though, when the timing is right we will know!

Although I started this post by saying I know I haven't been posting as much and I know I need to get better about it, I highly doubt I post much more this week. We have to get a lot of things in order prior to our trip and between packing and regular work and house work and school work and yard work (because spring weeds are in full bloom!) I'll have my hands full. Next week I will be taking a break to spend quality time with my family on vacation. However, if you want to stay caught up I'm sure I'll post on instagram from time to time so make sure you click the follow me button on the left hand side of this page!

The week after I hope to bombard you with vacation recaps and then get back into blogging regularly! Please keep my family in your prayers for health and safe travels and if any of y'all are travelling for spring break I ask the same for you! xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger