To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 5, 2016

10 Random Facts About Me

If you're new to life in the lowcountry then I thought I would share a few tid-bits about me. If you've been a reader for a while first off thank you thank you thank you, secondly, I hope these random thoughts are worth a read. (BTW - I'm giving myself a pat on the back for two posts two days in a row!)



1. I have major anxiety when it comes to Cadence eating. I know this sounds so odd but hear me out. When she was a newborn she had what is called "Sandifers Syndrome Acid Reflux" in which case her reflux wouldn't cause harsh vomiting like normal, it would cause her formula to get lodged into her throat causing her to choke. So much so, that on one night I even had to call 911. Scariest day of my life! When Cadence was 3 her favorite snack was Vienna Sausages, yes those little disgusting hot dog looking things, but I digress, and one day she choked on one of those, thank God a few gags and it came flying out of her mouth. Rewind to two weeks ago and she choked on a fried porkchop. These instances cause me to have major anxiety each time she eats. It's like my body tenses up and just waits on her to choke at any given moment. Not even Tarl knows about this anxiety, unless he's reading this now. (yes babe, it's true, don't judge me!) Scraped knees, small cuts, stubbed toes, melt downs, those I can handle. The kid picks up a piece of chicken and I need a paper bag to hyperventilate in!


2. I am convinced that I have the world's worst road rage. I'm sure most people think this about themselves, but y'all, mine is legit. People driving in the fast lane doing the speed limit. The left lane is for passing drivers who are going the speed limit or under, not for you to take your sweet time and drive along while people are having to pass you in the right hand lane. It burns my damn biscuits! Then you have the drivers who know one another at the red light. They talk and talk and then the light turns green and I guess they assume they can finish out their conversation without any hesitation from the drivers behind them...not today sunshine, not today! If you want to play catch up, set your ass on the side of the road or setup a time to meet with them. Ugh!


3. My favorite movie of all time is Something's Gotta Give. I think it's the best romantic comedy of life. I laugh, I cry and I love that it's a movie that reminds you that you're never too old to meet the love of your life!


4. I could rotate Papa Johns pizza and fried porkchops every other day and be completely content in that diet. Seriously though!


5. Most people have gum in their purse, I have Halls cough drops, the original menthol flavored ones. I get Halls on every occasion; Easter baskets, stockings at Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, mother's day...Tarl knows the way to my heart.


6. I'm a planner. I plan our days, our weekends, our vacations, our dinners. Unfortunately this can also be a HUGE con, but I'd much rather have a lot of fun doing something than sitting around and everyone asking "what do you want to do today?"


7. I adore taking great pictures but I always forget my good camera so 99% of the time you're looking at a phone pic!


8. I could take 4 trips to NYC each  year and it still wouldn't be enough for me. My love for the big apple is real. I'm sure Tarl is sick and tired of me talking about it but I listen to his love for deer hunting and football so he can deal with it :) #falltrip2016


9. If a show kills off main characters time and time again I can't handle it and eventually quit watching the show entirely. Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are no longer on my must watch list. There is never an end to someone getting killed off and my heart just can't handle it! Once Glenn was supposedly ripped into shreds by walkers (although he survived, for now anyways) Tarl and I were done and haven't watched an episode since. I keep up a little bit through FB posts but that's about it.


10. I have so many blogs on my reading list and I only read about 3 of them. I don't know how to unfollow so I just scroll on past. Do you do this too? If so, I sure hope I'm not one of them that you scroll past ;)

1 comment

  1. I'm new here, I love your blog! I even go back to the beginning and read. Have fun at Disney, we will be there next month! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger