To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 28, 2016

Thursday Thoughts

Happy Thursday sunshine! Can you believe we have almost made it to yet another weekend, praise the good Lord! I'm pretty pumped about tomorrow. Tarl and I have a date night planned and there is nothing like a little one on one time with my main squeeze. Saturday morning we're doing a little grocery shopping, running some errands, and then attending a birthday party that afternoon. After the party our towns local museum is unveiling their newest pieces and a picture of my dad is going to be on display, which is pretty amazing! #lovesmalltownliving


// One of my most favorite things to shop for is Cadence's summer clothes. Both Cadence and I have a mutual love of flamingos. What's not to love!? Well it just so happens that Gymboree has caught onto this because their recent collection is filled with those leggy pink birds! Also, something important to note, is that the entire store is 40% off right now, so now is the time to shop if y'all are anything like us and need new summer clothes for the kiddos!


























...and because every outfit needs a coordinating purse - Flamingo Plus Purse



// Yesterday was administrative professionals day. I had fresh flowers and a balloon greeting me when I arrived at work, but if you know me, you know I'm a foodie, so when he treated me to a delicious southern meal for lunch, that was all I needed. There's a local place near our office and it serves up the most incredible southern staples, grits, fried chicken, shrimp, meatloaf, collard greens, butterbeans, mac-n-cheese, the list goes on and on. I snapped a pic for Tarl, it totally made him jealous as it's one of his favorite places to go :)



// The school that Cadence attends is involved in a fairy garden project. Each class is participating to make it a school wide project. Every student in the lower and middle schools were asked to draw a fairy garden and a drawing by one student from each class was going to get chosen to be turned into a postcard, well Cadence's drawing was chosen for her class, so now she's really excited about this! The next part is to make your own fairy house for the big fairy garden at school. It's a family project and everything has to be made out of natural materials (stones, bark, etc.). The entire family has gotten into this. I even have my parents looking for stuff that they think would work. Sometimes school projects can be fun, sometimes :)

Have a blessed day y'all!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger