To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 19, 2016

Our Magical Vacation | Disney Days 3 and 4

We began Day 3 in the Polynesian for breakfast at Kona Cafe. I had heard wonders about their Tonga Toast, which is two pieces of texas toast filled with bananas and then deep fried and covered in cinnamon sugar. I mean...how bad could that be?! Bad for your heart maybe, but delicious! Cadence, of course, got Mickey shaped pancakes, after all, it wouldn't be a trip without something Mickey shaped! After a hearty (not healthy) breakfast we headed to Animal Kingdom. Our first ride was the safari and it's my most favorite. Animal after animal just walking around. It's magnificent to see.











After riding some rides and meeting Pocahontas we headed back to our resort and swam. Cadence looked forward to swimming every afternoon and it was a great refresher after a long day in the parks. Sweet girl finally faced her fears and swam under water all by herself. She's far from being a swimmer, but my goodness she has gone leaps and bounds this trip compared to where she was and we are so very proud of her because water was her enemy for the longest time. 

After swimming, and tons of sliding down the water slide, we headed back to our room and freshened up for dinner for our reservation at T-Rex Cafe in Disney Springs. We took our resort boat to Disney Springs and the boat ride was lovely. We got to see the beautiful canal behind our resort and it was a fun way to get to another piece of Disney property. 

T-Rex was great! No characters at this dinner but the ambiance of dinosaurs, ice caves and sea life were pretty cool to see. Once our bellies were full we walked around Disney Springs and did a little shopping then headed back to our resort for a snack, more importantly, beignets! Delicious!









After grabbing those sweet pillow like treats we spent about an hour walking around our resort and snacking on beignets, then headed back to the room to get ready for day 4!

On Monday I had us an open day scheduled. This is where I didn't plan much anything but dinners so we had the day to do with what we wanted and we decided we wanted to go to Epcot. We visited Disney during their Flower & Garden festival and I've never seen Epcot look so beautiful! The topiaries were amazing and I wish I had half the talent of some of those artists who sculpt those hedges.













People underestimate Epcot as there aren't many thrill rides. Most of the rides are slow and laid back, excluding Test Track, but we all adore Epcot, and love walking the World Showcase (where they have different places from all around the world that you can visit).

We stopped in Germany and used some of our snack credits at the home of caramel, Werthers. Cadence got a caramel apple and Tarl and I snacked on their, fresh, warm caramel popcorn. You don't realize how good caramel popcorn is until you've had it served warm, hot and with gooey fresh Werther's caramel. I'm still dreaming about it!


Cadence nor I have ever ridden Test Track. I was nervous for her because I didn't know what to expect, but this became her favorite ride out of the entire trip. We rode this three more times throughout our stay and could have easily ridden it 20 more had we had enough time.


After spending most of the day in Epcot walking the World showcase, riding rides and taking in all the sites of the topiaries and flowers it was time for dinner at Ohana's, in Disney's Polynesian resort. This is mine and Tarls most favorite meal of all time. We've said before we could drive all the way to Orlando to eat here. It's that good!

Fried pork dumplings, honey glazed chicken wings, noodles, big skewers of steak, chicken and shrimp, salad, all you can eat and served family style all while having a view of the castle, well my friends, it's hard to beat!

After dinner we took the monorail straight to Magic Kingdom and closed the park. Cadence was beat and fell asleep on the tram back to the parking lot. 




What a great fourth day!

Tomorrow I'm re-capping day 5!

1 comment

  1. I love love love Disney! Granted I haven't been in years since I was 21 but I still remember how happy it made me. I can't wait to go back and I'm glad you guys had a great time on those days!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger