To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

March 4, 2016

Easter Decisions and I met Junie B. Jones!

Friday, Friday, Friday. I have absolutely no words about how excited I am for this wonderful day of the week. This week has kicked my tail. Not in the sense that something bad has happened, just the simple fact that it's been a slow week! It seemed that Monday felt like Tuesday and when I realized it was only Monday that made it worse. Looking at the clock and it says 1:30 then I look at the clock 30 minutes later and it's only 1:34...so maybe I'm exaggerating but you get my drift.

Slow weeks are the worst, especially when you're looking forward to the weekend. My baby niece is coming into town. Although she's not actually my niece, she's close enough and she's absolutely precious...she's a little over 6 months old and y'all, my baby fever goes through the roof when I'm around her, which Tarl loves. That man has been wanting a baby for over a year now...I'm not quite on board yet, but who knows. Like I tell Tarl, it's all in the Lords hands!

It's also supposed to be an absolutely gorgeous weekend with lots of sunshine and temps in the low 70s. I'll take it! Last night we went to Lowes and Tarl bought me two gorgeous tulip plants. A dark coral color and yellow, because yellow screams spring! I was going to plant them in my terracotta pots, but I think I might actually plant them in the ground. Either way, tulips are on the agenda for this weekend! He also bought Cadence a yard flamingo...she gets it from her mama! #weloveflamingos



This week at school was Read Across America. Each day the school had a different theme and one of the themes were dress as your favorite book character day. I think Cadence nailed it!





I am so excited that Easter is quickly approaching. It's easily my 2nd favorite holiday to Christmas. I love all the colors of Easter, the games and time spent with family we have on Easter. Celebrating Jesus!!! I just love it! 

I also love putting together Cadence's Easter basket and I started with the small items yesterday. I actually get most of her items from the dollar store. I mean everything is $1...what's not to love? She gets a lot of the same items each year. They'll last her throughout the year, and then come Easter, she gets re-stocked; bubbles, sidewalk chalk, coloring books, crayons, markers, inexpensive makeup like hot pink lipsticks and blush, play slime, playdough...things like that.

The Easter bunny also brings her a semi-big gift. Something like a princess dress, a bike, a new DS game, things like that. I'm not sure this year if I want to get her a traditional Easter basket, or do an umbrella basket like I showed y'all last week. I love the umbrella idea, but the thought of ditching a basket pulls at my heartstrings...#decisions




Tarl and I just recently celebrated eight years together. I never thought that the cute boy I met in the summer of 2002 would have turned into my husband, but I am so blessed that he did! He got me a card with a $1 bill in it. He knows that my morning coffee's cost $1 and wanted to pay for my coffee the morning of our anniversary. He also had a red bull waiting in the fridge for me, because he knows that around 2 each day I want a red bull. He also took Cadence and I out to dinner that night at Japanese, because ever since the beginning we've had a mutual love for hibachi!

The gifts sound simple, and you know what, they were and they were perfect!

Love the family we've made together!


Happy Friday




3 comments

  1. Your Easter Bunny trumps My Easter Bunny. =/

    Happy (late) Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Junie B. Jones growing up! Her outfit is spot on and super cute! The simplest gifts make the best gifts in my opinion :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger