To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 26, 2016

Rainbow Bagels and Days at Sea

My dearest Friday I am so very happy to see you again! Y'all I'm so glad the weekend has arrived! Our plans include a whole lot of nothing and often times, those are the best weekends. I see a lot of netflix and snacking in our future.




I cannot wait to travel back to NYC and eat one of these deliciously colorful bagels. The Bagel Store, located in Brooklyn, has became well known within the past month for their colorful bagels with equally colorful cream cheese.


There are a wide array of colors, but this pink and purple bagel, called the Passion bagel, screams out for me! You can order online, but there is a wait list. I signed up for it two weeks ago and still haven't heard anything, but as soon as I do I will for sure have some shipped to the lowcountry until I can make it back to the city! If you want more info, visit their Facebook page here.




I saw this idea yesterday and thought it was a brilliant and unique way to present Easter Baskets this year. I don't know about you, but I have at least six baskets stored away from the past years and I can't bring myself to chunk them...but Cadence surely doesn't need yet another basket, however, what kid doesn't want/need an umbrella? I love Easter! I've been pinning a lot of great ideas for Easter. Some include delicious recipes, others are inexpensive decorating ideas. Go check it out...






When we were looking at cruises, the one stipulation I had was no days at sea and the one must do Tarl had was Nassau so we could go to Atlantis' water park. Well, we lucked out and not only found a cruise that met those two requirements, but we also got them at a really good discount and even an onboard credit for us to have a little spending money without it coming out of our pockets! Fruity umbrella drink anyone?!

Long story short, my stomach can handle a cruise as long as I can walk around on dry land after about 7 hours of sailing. I've been on three cruises in my lifetime, this being the 4th, and I've learned the hard way, I cannot do days at sea. My stomach just can't handle it! This one has no days at sea and docks each day. The first day being Nassau and the second Cococay, Royal Caribbeans private island. 

Yesterday we booked our shore excursion for Nassau, Atlantis Aquaventure, and y'all, I cannot wait to be back there. I've never been to a water park that was as fun as that one. Their rapid river was by far the highlight of our entire cruise when we went almost 5 years ago now, and this time, there's a group of us going. I have a feeling I'll be laughing so hard at everyone my sides are going to be sore!




Happy Friday, I leave you with this...





No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger