To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 15, 2016

Hiatus and Blog Update

Sorry for the week long hiatus. I'd love to be able to tell you that we jet setted away to NYC or had elaborate plans but truth is I was just plain sick and it sucked!

Head cold turned sinusitis turned into blood tests, spinal tap, CT scan, more blood work, needles, IVs, just a whole lot of yuck! I am still fighting with nasal congestion and head cold symptoms which my doctor and I think is basically real bad allergies but because of my body trying to fight all of this mess off, it's caused my heart rate to sky rocket so yours truly has to see a cardiologist this week as well as an ENT to figure out what to do next.

Head colds normally aren't so bad, but when you're going on one entire month with no relief, trust me, it starts to wear you down! Thank the good Lord my doctor prescribed me a medicine that has provided some sort of relief until I can get to the ENT.

Needless to say, I'm over winter and ready to dive into spring!

Not too much has happened this past week. We celebrated Valentine's Day by treating Cadence to some lovely treats, or should I say Lilly?!


She loved her custom Lilly shorts! Girl takes after her mama :) Although she couldn't wear her Valentine's goodies, because it's still really chilly, we dawned our best pink and went out to dinner.

Love these two!


I also made our Disney FastPass+ reservations. I'm happy to say I snagged each FP+ that we wanted, including a meet and greet with Elsa and Anna and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (the hardest ones to get!).


Onto the news...


I'll be honest, the week long hiatus was great. I didn't have any worries about updating here and I didn't care. Sounds bad, but I'm being honest. I've always had a passion for writing. Poetry when I was a child, writing for my high school, I even got published in a newspaper once (#celebstatus) and of course, here on blogger.

As shameful as it is to say, the reason I didn't care is because the passion just isn't there. I used to have random ideas for blog posts, search Pinterest for ideas and images that were inspiring, jot down notes with witty sayings to use and within the past few months, it just hasn't been there. 

When it comes to writing, I have grown, and I feel as if its time to grow this blog along with me. I'm passionate about three things when writing is involved, food, fashion and travel. When it comes to those three things I can write for hours on end. The words flow with ease and I don't have to think of ideas and writers block is non-existent. 

I thoroughly enjoy taking good quality pictures. Breaking out the Nikon in lieu of phone pics, and truth is, it makes for a better blog post. Quality verses quantity comes to mind. I'd rather have one great blog post once per week than three mediocre blog posts.

With all this being said, I plan on growing my blog, as I have grown since starting Life in the Lowcountry. I no longer wish to focus on this space as an online journal, but rather a space for me to focus on my passions: food, fashion and travel. 

If you've been a reader for a while or you just started following a long, I sure hope you stick around, however if lifestyle blogs and everyday life posts are more your thing, I totally understand if you bid me adieu. I still plan on doing life posts at least once per month, if not more, but it definitely won't be daily as it were.

As far as the name, I'm still undecided. I love the lowcountry, but as stated, I started LITL back in 2012 as a way to document my daily life here in the gorgeous lowcountry, since I plan on focusing on three specific things, a name change may be in the near future.

I am very excited about this next step in my blogging journey and cannot wait to see what's to come.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger