To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 22, 2016

Testing Our Marriage | New Kitchen | Must Make Recipe

We could not have asked the good Lord for a prettier weekend then what He gave us here in the lowcountry. It was absolutely gorgeous and was a tease of what's to come with spring just around the corner. We were so excited to break out dresses and shorts instead of jeans and boots!


Lilly Pulitzers Target collaboration questioned me at first, but the more and more I saw all the pretty goodies she offered I became smitten with most of the collection. Once the newness died down and people started re-selling the items that they decided not to wear, that's when I purchased! I got Cadence's romper for $12 and this maxi for $30. It's a steal of a price when you think about how much these were going for when the line first came out last year. People were asking hundreds...um, no thanks!

This is the nosie posie print and it's very bright and colorful and has hidden kitty cats throughout the print, so naturally, it was Cadence's favorite. I swear that kid's going to be a crazy cat lady when she's in her 60s! Her poor future husband! (Side note - this girl takes after her daddy with height...I cannot believe how tall she is!)

When Tarl and I purchased our home that's when brown was in. Brown cabinets, brown floors, light brown walls...brown was the thing. As time has passed, white has become the new brown and I'm loving it. White is so clean and fresh and brightens up the entire home, plus when you brighten a space, it makes the space seem so much bigger.

We've slowly but surely made our home what we wanted it to become one room at a time, and our next project is kitchen cabinets, so guess what we did this weekend?

Lots of taping and painting and coating and sealing, it's making me tired just re-living it in my mind, but guess what, I am absolutely smitten with how it's turned out. We still have a few touch ups here and there to do, but my goodness it's made our kitchen space seem so much bigger!

see all the brown!


I spy a kitty, and more brown!


a newly brightened kitchen...yes!


I've said it before, but it's amazing what paint can do to change the entire look of a room. Next up, we want to change the countertops...I'm thinking formica with a marbled white and black texture to it. I will say one thing about any sort of home re-modeling, it's a true test of your marriage! Tarl and I bickered throughout the entire process, as soon as it was over, we were back to our peachy selves. What can I say...we both HATE painting!


I saw this video on Friday and knew I had to make this cracker candy. It was so easy, and incredibly delicious!




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger