To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

February 2, 2016

Burned Biscuits

Do you like burned biscuits every now and then? I sure hope so. This article touched my heart in so many ways. We need to learn to find positives in the negatives and take the good, the bad and the ugly parts of our lives and lay them at the feet of God.


I hope you are accomplishing everything you wanted to and I hope that your life turns into the fairy-tale you always dreamed it would be. This article is so worth the read and truly brought tears to my eyes.


My life is filled with so many blessings, Tarl, Cadence, my family and friends, financial stability, food, clothes, our home, but ultimately...



This weekend I finally get to make our FastPass+ selections for our upcoming Disney trip. If you're new to Life in the Lowcountry then I should warn you. I talk about Disney, a lot. It's without a doubt, tied to NYC as my favorite vacation destination. Here are some past posts where I've talked about taking a trip to see the mouse.



Now that I know Disney pretty well I know what to expect and when and how to plan best, but prior to that I relied on tons and tons of tips from other Disney travelers, facebook groups, fellow bloggers and random web pages, with that being said, I want to help anyone out by sharing our experiences and my advice from our trips. With Disney, it's all in the planning. I should state, I am in no way affiliated with Disney, just a Disney lover! I'll be sure and share our FastPass+ reservations and tips after I make them.

1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger