To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 25, 2016

Savannah Squares, True Love and a Finished Table

With my mom in the hospital and the hospital located in Savannah, it was nice to get out of the hospital this weekend and stretch our legs by walking in downtown. It was such a beautiful day. The sun was big and bright and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again but there is no beauty like that of a downtown Savannah square.

When your daughter says "mom, stick out your hand", you do it. Not sure what this pose was, but it made her happy and that's all that matters :)



Love, love, love this sweet girl of mine!
She's headed to the Jacksonville Zoo today with my sister and her family and I am so jealous! I am reminded, however, that I only have 1 1/2 weeks of working life left and then I can do things like that!


I've contemplated sharing this image on my blog, but I can't help but feel so much love when I look at this picture. This was Saturday, prior to my mom being put into ICU. She was being grumpy (but then again who isn't when their in the hospital hooked up to machines and being poked and prodded every 15 minutes!) and said she didn't really want to eat anything. Well my dad, being as equally stubborn, helped her to eat. After over 45+ years of marriage, this is what true love is about, for better and for worse, in sickness and in health. 



Tarl, as much as that man hates to paint, finished our farmhouse table this week with me being busy back and forth to the hospital. He knew I wanted a bench from the get go and managed to finish one for me. He even painted it. So babe, if you're reading this, thanks, I truly do adore the way this turned out and we couldn't have done a better job working on this project together! Chip and Joanna who? :)




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger