To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 20, 2016

Three Thoughts for Friday

If you read yesterday's post then you'd remember about my hopes for a coastal inspired spare bedroom and how we actually started working on it this past weekend. Like most things DIY in our home, we do them on a budget and if we can do them ourselves rather than buy something it sure does help us out a lot financially, which is why I thought this article of 29 DIY Coastal Beach Crafts was just perfect for what we're looking at doing. So much so that I wanted to share here. My personal favorites are the coastal lobster wall art, the pallet shark and the seashell plank.


I'd also love a mason jar filled with sea-glass or driftwood, here is an article on beachcombing basics and the best beaches to find all your sea life treasures.


Lastly, I've been a reading fool the past few weeks. I'm on book #5 now and hope to have it finished by the end of today. All but one have been Elin Hilderbrand novels and all have been better then the last. I highly suggest her books. They are engaging and as cliche as it sounds, makes you not want to put the book down. They are perfect for a summer reading list, whether it be for travelling, summer vacations, or like me, and you just want a good book to read after a long day. I hope to have all of her books finished by the end of summer and I'll be sure to share my thoughts on each one.



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger