To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 11, 2017

It's all about that vest!

This fall and winter has been the winter of vests. I started wearing them in the fall and haven't stopped yet. Even if it's unseasonably warm outside I try my best to pull off a vest. I love how versatile they can be. They can dress up an outfit or make an outfit casual dependent upon what shirt and shoes you pair with it.

I love my monogrammed herringbone vest I got for Christmas. This is the one I use to dress up a bit. I love a good button up with it and this hunter green button down goes great together with the vest. I wore this same vest today with a pink button down and black leggings. Comfy, cozy and cute!


I purchased this white quilted vest at 50% off a few days after Christmas. The one thing I love about it is that it's reversible. You can wear the white quilted side or reverse it and use it as grey flannel. I've yet to wear the grey side and tend to lean more towards the white but I am obsessed with this one and it's probably been my most warn so far, because let's face it, white goes with everything. 

Here I've paired it with some booties and a pink sweater with gold patches (which I love by the way), but I've worn it with button downs, t-shirts and even dresses. It's not so much on the warm side like the herringbone is, more for looks, but I'm just smitten.


Lastly I have my navy puffer vest. Everyone needs a puffer vest! I will say it's all about the style of the actual vest itself. I had tried on several before purchasing this one. Some did not suit me, some were too big/too puffy and some weren't puffy enough. I finally snagged this one last year at Sears at a steal and I've been happy with it ever since. 

This one, like the herringbone, is nice and warm, however, like the white quilted vest, it can also be used to dress up or down, like here, paired with a simply southern t-shirt and my monogrammed duck boots. #monogrameverything


The next on my list is a pink vest. I've wanted a pink vest for years and I'm hoping to find one at a steal before the winter's end. Y'all know I got to have my pink!

I have enjoyed mixing it up a little each day. Being on a tight budget doesn't allow for a lot of extra spending all the time, but adding a vest to different shirts each day makes it seem like I have different outfits.



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger