To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 17, 2017

Tuesday Talk

Tuesday talk! Want to join in on the fun? Click here.


Disney is calling my name y'all. Like, big time. If you've been a reader of mine for a while then you know that we are a Disney loving family. If you're new to this lowcountry life of mine then you should know that we are a Disney loving family. We try to go to Disney every even year and if you didn't realize, 2017 is an odd year, which means no Disney for us, but that doesn't mean I can't start planning for our next trip, right?! Right!

The next Disney trip we take will definitely be different then any other as we'll now be doing Disney with Cadence's diabetes and celiac diagnosis. We've never been restricted as it pertains to traveling and we're not about to start now! Cadence's diabetic team is fantastic! If ever her team leaves to go work elsewhere we will be moving with them, that's how great they are! They are constantly reminding us that life is no different and we are to continue to live it as we did prior to her diagnosis and that's just what we plan on doing. The only difference now is we have to prepare before and y'all know I'm a list maker so no worries there!

Disney is great as it pertains to people with food allergies. I've read time and time and time again that whether you have a nut allergy, egg allergy, or in Cadence's case, a gluten allergy, they are fantastic and have loads of options in each restaurant. Woo-hoo! I've started doing my research and have joined several FB groups that are related to doing Disney with food allergies. I was shocked at how many people have celiac disease! The great thing though, they said Disney was so accommodating to their needs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one does it like Disney! Best vacation spot ever!

If you'd like to read all about our 2016 Disney recap, I've included them below. It was so fun to go back and read these blog posts. It just made me want to go back that much more!

2016 Trip:



For Disney tips and tricks I've learned after traveling there and planning our vacations, I've included past posts on those too!




Here's hoping we're Disney bound in 2018!







No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger