To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 10, 2018

Do you Cricut?

Back in the early fall I jumped on the Cricut bandwagon. For the past 10 years I have always paid someone to monogram items for me and honestly, I probably could have bought a Cricut three times over for what I paid these people throughout the years. 

With our upcoming trip to Disney I knew I wanted some shirts made for our family of three, once I did some research online and realized the cost of a monogrammed shirt I knew I needed to learn more about how to make these items myself. 

I did a little research and didn't look back. When I ordered my Cricut, before it even arrived, I watched multiple YouTube tutorials. I'm talking hours and hours at a time. It's a lot to take in but I knew I had a lot to learn, I still do!

I am so happy with the items that I have made for ourselves and our home. I have had so much fun making things for family and friends for birthdays and Christmas. 

Here are some items I've made:









I've done several other things over the months. My Cricut has become such a useful tool that I use all the time. The learning curve wasn't too hard, and I stated before, I'm still learning new things all the time. YouTube and FB groups have been great resources. 

A lot of people make businesses by using their Cricut, that is not my intent, it's just great to be able to monogram something on hand without paying someone to do so. 

So, do you Cricut?


1 comment

  1. Fun! I have one, but truth be told I haven't taken the time to learn it. THat is on my list of 2018 goals.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger