To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 19, 2018

Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on its Way

I absolutely love Easter, second to Christmas, it's my favorite holiday. The true celebration is of course, the most important, the rising of our Lord Jesus. What better a gift can we celebrate than that?!

1 // I've already ordered Cadence's Easter basket for this year. I would share a picture of it but it's not yet arrived yet. It's Lilly Pulitzer inspired and I purchased from a "blanks" page on FB. Essentially you can purchase un-monogrammed items from them, but there is a clear spot on the product where a monogram would go. It's for businesses or individuals who have their own monogramming machine. I cannot wait to receive her basked so I can monogram it. Pics to come! (Is it terrible I thought of ordering one for myself? #allthingsLilly)

2 // I have a Type A personality. What can I say. I plan out vacations, I'm organized and I'm not a procrastinator. This has pros and cons, but a pro is that I have already purchased some Easter goodies and thought I'd share the cuteness, just in case you have a little princess too. Cadence is smitten with cats. She always has been and I feel this isn't just a fad, but something she'll always cherish. How cute are these Easter basket items I purchased? All the links are provided on where you can purchase these adorable items.

Cat Ear Necklace


LED Kitty Nightlight


Pusheen Coloring Book


3 // Trust me, this video is worth watching. It will give you chills.

4 // Do you have any resolutions for 2018? I started on my list yesterday. I like to make a list in my monthly planner, this way I can look back at the end of the year and see how many of my resolutions I completed.  Some are things I've done before, some are things I've never done and some are things that I feel are necessary to do. 




5 // I enjoy baking. When I'm frustrated or bored I bake. It's just something I like to do. Others go on jogs, shopping, snacking or pouting, and while I am guilty of all those other things, I tend to gravitate toward baking. Yesterday was just one of those days. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and every little thing aggravated me, so I baked. These lemon bars turned out delicious!


Powdered sugar on top makes all the difference!

Happy Friday!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger