To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

April 6, 2015

Easter

Another holiday has come and gone. 
Easter was wonderful! Time spent with family was great!

Let me preface this post by stating that I got up on Friday, as I do every morning that I have to work, at 6:30, got ready and headed in just to realize I was the only one here and we have off Good Friday. It was a pleasant surprise. So I headed back home and spent the day with my sweet girl.

We baked cookies and got the eggs boiled and ready to be dyed that way as soon as Tarl got home we could have some fun.




Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed to downtown Savannah. We walked River Street and just enjoyed each others company. It was a bit cloudy but it was so warm and just enjoyable.


We ate at one of our favorite spots, Huey's on the River. They have the most delicious beignets, it's the whole reason we go there.




Rarely do we go into the 'touristy' spots but I couldn't resist Savannah's Candy Kitchen on Saturday, specifically for they're glorious chocolate covered strawberries.


Delicious!

The wait for Huey's was about an hour (then again everything was this weekend with it being Spring Break). I told Tarl to go and sit at the fountain with Cadence while I waited on our name to be called. This way she could toss penny's in and not get bored. About 5 minutes in I got this picture texted to me.


Love these two silly faces :)

Normally Cadence sleeps in until about 7:30ish, but with it being Easter she was up bright and early at 6:30. We got up and saw that the Easter Bunny surely did come.







She got everything she wanted, including bubbles and the Princess Anna dress.

Tarl and I had stayed up late on Friday night putting the baskets out and watching TV that waking up at 6:30 was just exhausting, so we told Cadence we needed some much needed rest. We all fell back asleep and then around 9, this little Princess walks in.


She was saying, look mom, twins...love this kid!

We got up and got dressed and ready for Easter.


We found this Nautica dress on sale at TJ Maxx for $15. It was adorable on her and I cannot believe how big she looks in it. She's growing up so fast.




We all had so much fun. My entire family played dodge ball, kick ball, whiffle ball, egg toss, spoon races. We are all sore today from the running and jumping and throwing but it was so worth it.

By far one of the best Easters we've had thus far.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger